Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

opiej

Archie Miller's staff at Indiana will be Bruiser Flint, Tom Ostrom (Dayton) and Ed Schilling (UCLA),

Just now, Treesh said:

Wouldn't mind some up and comers as assistant coaches. Little worried if we're hiring all recruiting assistant coaches.

We need an X's and O's coach that has potential to grow and develop players.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Thats our head coach

I think most of you guys wanted, John Groce, Lorenzo Romar, Ed Schilling, John Calipari as our recruiter, Mike Woodson and maybe a couple more qualified guys.

You need one good/great recruiter, a solid x and o guy that can help you make adjustments and someone who can keep the kids conditioned at a top level. The rest are guys that you can trust, that won't make the job harder by having different kinds of opinions to where your constantly being questioned.

All of our opinions are nice to note but we shouldn't question a guy being paid 3.5 million dollars before we have even played a game or any official announcements of any of these guys

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

I actually like the look of the staff. I questioned only the term "great". If you want to say Bruiser is a solid, good or experienced X and Os guy, I am fine with all that. I like the variety of the staff but in the end Archie is the guy who has to work with these guys and if he is excited I am fine with it.

How about we put it this way, he's an experienced X's and O's guy who was able to hold onto the same D1 head coaching job for 13 years. 

Perfectly fine with that and think his east coast connections will help as well.

3 hours ago, HinnyHoosier said:

I went to school with Kyle so I heard some pieces of information that I never saw in the media, but I never heard Schilling's or anyone else's name dropped during the scandal.

Schiling did the same thing as Kyle he just married his girl once she graduated. That being said I do think he is a good coach that increases our chances with Romeo.

8 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Schiling did the same thing as Kyle he just married his girl once she graduated. That being said I do think he is a good coach that increases our chances with Romeo.

Guess he was better at covering his tracks. And hey, he married her so at least it was "love". Hopefully any poor decision-making patterns are out of his system and he focuses on locking down the back yard big boys (assuming he is actually coming).

Edited by HinnyHoosier

Why is everyone concerned with our assistant coaches x and o ability lol. Recruiting is the only thing that matters archie will be in charge of the rest. Crean had to have at least one guy who had some idea on coaching but we never seen any sign of it. I believe we hired ourselves a winner so quit worrying so much let archie run the team

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Guess he was better at covering his tracks. And hey, he married her so at least it was "love". Hopefully any poor decision-making patterns are out of his system and he focuses on locking down the back yard big boys (assuming he is actually coming).

My thoughts exactly. Something tells me she probably wants to be closer to home as well being from Indy.

Why is everyone concerned with our assistant coaches x and o ability lol. Recruiting is the only thing that matters archie will be in charge of the rest. Crean had to have at least one guy who had some idea on coaching but we never seen any sign of it. I believe we hired ourselves a winner so quit worrying so much let archie run the team

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

The assistant coaches are often the ones who do the initial leg work, scouting and put together the game plan for the next games so there is more to there role than just recruiting.

Looks like a well balanced staff in that regard

25 minutes ago, SteelerHoosier said:

So what's the rumored staff at this point? Being lazy and not reading the 10ish pages I've missed lol

Ed Schilling (Assistant), Bruiser Flint (Assistant), Tom Ostrom (Assistant), Clif Marshall (Strength Coach), Bill Comar (DBO), Derek Elston (Director of Player Development?)*

*Jordy Hulls is also looking for a job.

Edited by ramadden13