Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

opiej

Archie Miller's staff at Indiana will be Bruiser Flint, Tom Ostrom (Dayton) and Ed Schilling (UCLA),

2 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

If Ostrom is coming on as an assistant I don't think you can have Hawkins. You can only afford to dedicate one of those assistant positions to a pure recruiter. Need the other 2 to be actual coaches I imagine.

I really don't know if I believe that.  Archie is the head coach, we live or die with him now.

It seems like assistants are there to help with day-to-day team drills and recruit.  

Chris Hawkins would be a heck of a hire for the IU bench.  I think someone in the B1G or nearby will give him a chance, and we should beat them to the punch.  People love him, and he just won a state title.  He's really well respected.

Why is it that everyone assumes that because someone is a good recruiter means they don't know anything about development or x's and o's? Just doesn't seem like that makes a whole lot of sense.

I mean I get what he's saying, just saying

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I'm all for getting as many coaches that are great recruiters as possible. Crean wasn't the best X's and O's guy out there but we saw what he could do when he had great talent on his teams. The most talented teams are usually the ones going deep in the tournament. I think we'll be fine when it comes to X's and O's. Get guys that can bring Archie great recruiting classes and we'll be in business.

2 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

We are not going to have open roster spots you can play the hypothetical game all you want

no offense but isn't your statement purely hypothetical???? Unless you know much more than I do...

I think it is very possible we have 1... I wouldn't at all be surprised if we don't but wouldn't be surprised with 1 either

2 hours ago, ap2345 said:

Why is it that everyone assumes that because someone is a good recruiter means they don't know anything about development or x's and o's? Just doesn't seem like that makes a whole lot of sense.

I agree with you, but considering the last 9 years, this is a rhetorical question.  =)    (For what it's worth, I don't think Crean was good at either)

Catching up on todays news....on Groce to Akron--I have to say that surprised me. Being on the IU staff would have more prestige and more of a future than that....but maybe less of a paycheck. He would have been good but his loss is our gain as that leaves a spot open for an IU guy or an Indiana high school guy. I liked the discussions above and whether it is someone like Lewis or Hawkins --they both bring recruiting connections and coaching experience. I don't know much about Drew Adams (but I am a Robert Phinisee fan)....Keep the info coming!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

35 minutes ago, drewheck said:

I dont know if anyone mentioned it but derek elston was in the video of the big man workout id love to see him stay, iu guy recent player knows what its like at iu

Sent from my SM-G900R6 using BtownBanners mobile app

They just posted a video of Hartman working out and Elston is in that video as well. I think he'll be back. If he was trusted enough to be kept as part of the transition team I honk he'll be back

3 hours ago, Old Friend said:

I agree with you, but considering the last 9 years, this is a rhetorical question.  =)    (For what it's worth, I don't think Crean was good at either)

No this is right but Crean wasn't good at either and Archie isn't Crean.