Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

opiej

Archie Miller's staff at Indiana will be Bruiser Flint, Tom Ostrom (Dayton) and Ed Schilling (UCLA),

1 minute ago, Dalton26 said:

Sounds like two people assumed and someone that knew him had never heard that and would be shocked if it were true. Sounds like a lot of teenagers assuming stuff back then and being completely full of ****.

Ok, if you say so. I shared my opinion of the man, and said I wasn't a fan personally....I didn't claim him to be the anti-Christ.  Others don't have to agree, or like it, but I stand by what I said.

Ok, if you say so. I shared my opinion of the man, and said I wasn't a fan personally....I didn't claim him to be the anti-Christ.  Others don't have to agree, or like it, but I stand by what I said.

You didn't just share your opinion though, you accused him of a serious crime without any evidence...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, HoosierRich said:

Actually, I said It wasn't illegal, just unethical.

It's the opposite though.. It's illegal but it's not unethical. Anyway, it's not something I would go around accusing people of, but to each his own I guess. 

18 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

It's the opposite though.. It's illegal but it's not unethical. Anyway, it's not something I would go around accusing people of, but to each his own I guess. 

That's not true in the state of Indiana. It is administratively against virtually every school districts rules for a teacher and consenting 18 yr old, but not illegal. I'm sure some states may be different, but that is not the case in Indiana.

Actually, I said It wasn't illegal, just unethical.

You're missing the point though. Accusations like that with 0 proof whether they were illegal or not can ruin people's lives.

That's why if someone nationally would read what you wrote, wrote a story on it, and then it caused Groce to never get another coaching job you'd probably be hearing from his lawyers. Accusations without a shred of evidence are usually complete crap but can follow someone forever.

43 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

You're missing the point though. Accusations like that with 0 proof whether they were illegal or not can ruin people's lives.

That's why if someone nationally would read what you wrote, wrote a story on it, and then it caused Groce to never get another coaching job you'd probably be hearing from his lawyers. Accusations without a shred of evidence are usually complete crap but can follow someone forever.

I've said all I will on the matter......lets just agree to disagree and move on.

Edited by HoosierRich

I'm thinking both ostrom and groce are being considered for the Akron job and that's why Miller hasn't formally announced his other assistants. He's understandably allowing his friends and colleagues to see if they get the Akron job, and if they don't, I suspect he'll hire both.

44 minutes ago, schimpfj said:

I'm thinking both ostrom and groce are being considered for the Akron job and that's why Miller hasn't formally announced his other assistants. He's understandably allowing his friends and colleagues to see if they get the Akron job, and if they don't, I suspect he'll hire both.

Ostrom will be on staff. It's Groce looking at the Akron job. Only reason there hasn't been an announcement on Bruiser and Ostrom is because they're waiting until this upcoming week to announce it.

He was a teacher at Hamilton Southeastern High School in the mid 90's.....this is fact. Here is a thread from a Butler message board talking about his "indiscretion" This was well known amongst us students. 
http://buhoops.yuku.com/topic/1991/John-Groce#.WOBuqOv3arU

This is a post from that message board

"Groce was gone by the time you guys were around, there were whispers of a scandal involving a high school girl...nothing ever verified just rumor"

So, that is your proof? Some guy saying there were "whispers" and "rumor"?

Pretty thin ice you're on there.

It's not like we were injury free with Jackson. One thing that has been different with Lyonel is that we don't see the players exhausted and dead legs at the end of the year like in previous. But in all honesty I don't think injuries or fatigue have anything to do with the trainers or strength coaches. 

Well your wrong right there they have an impact

2 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

He's only been a coach in the D League for 6 months. And before that, nothing of note. I know he's an "Indiana guy" but I would rather have Groce. 

He's also won a couple titles and a COY award in a semi-pro league.  I'd gladly take Guyton as an assistant.

He's also won a couple titles and a COY award in a semi-pro league.  I'd gladly take Guyton as an assistant.

I believe guyton really wants to be a. Assistant at IU bad. He's always hinted at it on twitter but he pretty much said that wouldn't happen while toms the coach