Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

opiej

Archie Miller's staff at Indiana will be Bruiser Flint, Tom Ostrom (Dayton) and Ed Schilling (UCLA),

1 hour ago, RedsIUfan said:

I know this is immature of me but one thing I thought when they dismissed Crean was...I want a coach who when I read his lips on the sidelines I see an occasional f-bomb!!! I want to see an occasional "motherf***er" directed at a ref! I know, I know...I'm terribly immature for a 51 y/o but I wanna see raw emotion sometimes. 

fu*k right you do man, me too!

Rabjohns said Bruiser was the 2nd of 3 hires on our staff and that they would be announced soon. I know Ostrom is one as well. That is a head coach with a great record and solid recruiter and another guy who recruited some great players at UF and learned under Billy D for 4 years and then made some big moves at Dayton. That is a great staff so far and I am curious to see who get the Director of Basketball Operations position. I think Elston sticks around as well. S/C coach will be key too. I like Lyonel but not acting as a head coach during games. He needs to be restrained to practices only and I would not have an issue keeping him on staff.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

I like Lyonel a lot but the injury history of our players over the last 2 years raises concern and imo he needs to be gone. Bring back Jackson

As far as realistic hires, I think adding Ostrom and Cheaney would be good.
Groce would be an outstanding hire but that is probably a long shot.

Groce is expected to join Indiana's staff if he doesn't land the Akron job. Groce, Flint, Ostrum, unknown DBO. That staff stacks up to any in the nation. All three could be a legit lead recruiter at big time programs. We'd have 3 including Archie.

So we've got two coaches who mains strengths are recruiting, which is good of course.

Could we hire an assistant coach that is known for coaching/development now?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

To be fair all i care about with assistant is recruiting archie will be in charge of workouts and development anyhow so we need the horses the head coach will make them run

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, HoosierTrav said:

Groce is expected to join Indiana's staff if he doesn't land the Akron job. Groce, Flint, Ostrum, unknown DBO. That staff stacks up to any in the nation. All three could be a legit lead recruiter at big time programs. We'd have 3 including Archie.

I'd be thrilled with a Flint, Ostrom, Groce staff... but where is this rumor if Groce doesn't get the Akron job he's coming to IU coming from? Not saying I don't believe it, I would just like to see the source.

I won't and I don't say that trying to be negative.  I just don't think the process is going to be that fast.

Can't blame you. That's the way we've been conditioned over the last decade+..... Just don't convince yourself that it's impossible. Archie's brother Sean did this very thing upon arriving at Arizona.

4 minutes ago, Miller'sTheMan said:

I'd be thrilled with a Flint, Ostrom, Groce staff... but where is this rumor if Groce doesn't get the Akron job he's coming to IU coming from? Not saying I don't believe it, I would just like to see the source.

That would be an outstanding staff. 

Anyone here learn more about Bruiser Flint that they want to share? 

1 hour ago, Oladipo said:

I like Lyonel a lot but the injury history of our players over the last 2 years raises concern and imo he needs to be gone. Bring back Jackson

It's not like we were injury free with Jackson. One thing that has been different with Lyonel is that we don't see the players exhausted and dead legs at the end of the year like in previous. But in all honesty I don't think injuries or fatigue have anything to do with the trainers or strength coaches. 

3 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

If we don't have a top 10 class in 2018 I will be shocked.

IMO This is why Crean was fired. Even with crappy recruiters, IU should always have a Top 10 class because of who they are and a state that produces top talent.  

With what IU is and with a of top recruiters, they should be getting truly great classes that should push for the #1 from time to time.  

14 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Someone on Facebook mentioned Craig Neal who was fired from New Mexico just recently. Anyone know much about him?

Long time assistant under Alford at New Mexico and I think at Iowa too.