Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

#IUBASE - 3 game series @ Purdue

Double play on pop up bunt. 2 outs still runner at 2nd.

In my mind if we miss Big Ten Tourney for 1st time in 7 years the year we are hosting than you seriously start thinking about a coaching change just as women's soccer did a few years ago after the embarrassment of not being able to play as hosts. Obviously this is a long way away but if we make Big Ten tourney you see this out and see what Lemonis can do for at least another year in my mind. If he misses you make a move. If I'm Glass I think about warning Lemonis about this expectation now (which maybe he has).

Inexcusable loss. I'll try to bring them luck tomorrow.

I never thought being a Cubs fan was such a help with all my Indiana teams struggling. The last year has definitely thrown my sports world upside down. 

7 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Lemonis is out after this season. Glass will spend a 1/3 of his budget on buyouts in less than 12 months.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

I would not think a buyout for Baseball is that expensive and Wilson was very cheap since it was his fault he left with his transgressions. Crean was only expensive buyout but could payoff in long run if Archie is what we think. Also 2 mil roughly in buyouts (1.5 mil a yr roughly for Crean and 500k for Wilson in lump sum I think) in a 100 mil budget is like 2% of budget not 33% but yes a lot of coaches are needing changing right now.

As I said Lemonis is only out if you miss Big Ten Tournament in my mind but we will see.

1 minute ago, ccgeneral said:

Thanks for the help Aaron! Same story, different game..

You can keep appointing new posters for updates till something changes. Clearly I'm not the answer. lol

Well just got back Ohio from our great state so just getting caught up in this thread. Ugggghhhhly. Gonna be a long weekend and a long season.

Aaron, thanks for the updates. Enjoy the game tomorrow. Don't step in it while you're there.

I know the roster names but honestly don't know the balance, i.e. Frosh, soph, etc.

Are we just young? Esp at pitching? Looks like Krueger struggled again tonight and I know he's a freshman. Helluva way to learn.

I would hope lemonis is on a short leash.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

9 hours ago, ccgeneral said:

I could see the Fire Chris Lemonis Thread after this series.

I've tried not to jump the gun, but I'm drifting into that camp. We've gotten progressively worse each year he's been here. I know our history isn't great, but we've got a lot more to hang our hats on than most other Big Ten programs. We have more total wins and more conference wins than any Big Ten team since 2008 (disclaimer: Maryland wasn't here during our back to back titles). There's really no reason for programs like Minnesota or Iowa to out-perform us. Unless this team can turn it around in a big way the second half of the season, Lemonis needs to go so we can get an established head coach in here to try and salvage any momentum left from 2013-14. That CWS appearance is only getting smaller in the rearview mirror.

And I'll say it again: our bullpen is indescribably bad. It might be the worst I've seen at any level of baseball.

I've tried not to jump the gun, but I'm drifting into that camp. We've gotten progressively worse each year he's been here. I know our history isn't great, but we've got a lot more to hang our hats on than most other Big Ten programs. We have more total wins and more conference wins than any Big Ten team since 2008 (disclaimer: Maryland wasn't here during our back to back titles). There's really no reason for programs like Minnesota or Iowa to out-perform us. Unless this team can turn it around in a big way the second half of the season, Lemonis needs to go so we can get an established head coach in here to try and salvage any momentum left from 2013-14. That CWS appearance is only getting smaller in the rearview mirror.

And I'll say it again: our bullpen is indescribably bad. It might be the worst I've seen at any level of baseball.

Mostly this. I've been trying for trying to lay off the fire Lemonis bandwagon but he is getting my attention.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

By the way attendance looked maybe 80-90% full from TV last night and crowd was announced at about 1,300 so like I figured their stadium is about half the size of ours. 

I also will point out while our play has fallen of home attendance barely has last couple years. At the Nebraska games there were like 2,500 (something PU couldn't even fit if they tried) announced for weekend games and place was 80-90% full which is fairly consistent since park opened. As of now IU and Nebraska are head and shoulders above everyone else attendance wise in conference since Bart Kaufman opened. I don't know if we can keep this up but so far attendance has not suffered much as our play has decreased in quality.

Now that im here this is my only post with quick observations:

Iu's baseball stadium is just a bit nicer. pu's is nice but iu has a couple extra features pu does not, such as outfield picnic area and family bullpen kids can play in. Also iu about twice as big (3k vs 1.5k) and seats laid out better there as here seats only run about 10 rows high between foul lines as oppose to iu thats 20 rows high from 1st to 3rd base so more good seats in btown

About 1,150 seat here vs iu's 2,150. About room for 500 standing vs 1,000 for iu so like i said iu about 3k vs 1,500.

Also much farther from campus than ours on old farm land completely separate from main part. Crowd completely full with a few iu fans (probably 1,500 or maybe at most 2k here). Apparently someone said this is their largest crowd ever by far and iu brings people out for them. Must be fun being fun being little brother for them. LOL