Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

#IUBASE - 3 game series @ Purdue

For the first time since 2011, Indiana travels upstate to face the Purdue Boilermakers in its third weekend of conference action. The Hoosiers will be playing at Alexander Field for the first time ever. Go Hoosiers!

Current RPI: IU 41 (15-11-2, 3-2-1); PU 103 (15-13, 3-3)

Friday @ 6 pm ET - RHP Jonathan Stiever (1-1, 5.40); PU - RHP Tanner Andrews (4-2, 4.61) Live Stats - L 6-5
Saturday @ 6 pm ET - RHP Brian Hobbie (2-2, 4.29); PU - LHP Gareth Stroh (2-2, 5.60) - Live Stats - L 7-3
Sunday @ 1 pm ET - RHP Pauly Milto (1-2, 3.38); PU - RHP Mike Kornacker (1-0, 4.30) - Live Stats,  Stream - W 14-9

Preview

Radio

B1G Standings

Can we call a slight Boiler fail on their new stadium? It looks alright but nowhere near as nice as Bart Kaufman Field despite being built same year. Have not been but from TV looks like it has 2 issues that ours does not. First of all it looks a lot smaller and not as fun to walk around and more crammed for fans. Also looks like it lacks the outfield grass area and bullpen where families can hang out which is a huge plus and my favorite part of our new stadium. Does not look bad and a huge upgrade from Sembower or their old stadium which was even worse but definitely not on Bart Kaufman's level. Theirs looks like a nice college stadium while IU went the extra mile to make it as nice as most small minor league parks.

I'm going tomorrow night to see for sure but that's my impression from TV.

This is my 1st time doing game updates of any kind since my first job out of college when I gave live updates on another baseball team's twitter account I worked for (it was not IU but another Midwestern team) several years ago. Out of the sports industry now so a nice little blast from past for me. Thanks

Lead off double from Butler leads to nothing and IU leads 5-1 still after 5.5.

1 minute ago, Aaron said:

This is my 1st time doing game updates of any kind since my first job out of college when I gave live updates on another baseball team's twitter account I worked for (it was not IU but another Midwestern team) several years ago. Out of the sports industry now so a nice little blast from past for me. Thanks

Lead off double from Butler leads to nothing and IU leads 5-1 still after 5.5.

Game threads are open to anyone. I just get going early and finish late.