Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

WayneFleekHoosier

Derby Festival Classic - April 15th @ 7 pm ET on FS2/WDRB 41

21 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Both of our guys have been excellent. Al has very good court vision and Justin is a physical specimen. Right now he's Freddie + 2 inches and with good hands.

Justin looks like he could contribute right away, and I too am intrigued by Al's vision and passing. A good showing by both!

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Smith is the runner-up in the dunk contest.  

only per the judges... he dominated the contest... the guy that won did the free throw line dunk from at least 2 full steps inside the free throw line...  That dunk sucks when nobody ever actually jumps from the line. 

http://www.insidethehall.com/2017/04/15/video-al-durham-jr-justin-smith-talk-derby-festival-basketball-classic-win/

I love these kids. Justin Smith, in particular, is a great interview. Really well-spoken and clearly a smart kid. His answer to the question about being robbed in the slam dunk contest was great.

http://www.insidethehall.com/2017/04/15/video-al-durham-jr-justin-smith-talk-derby-festival-basketball-classic-win/ I love these kids. Justin Smith, in particular, is a great interview. Really well-spoken and clearly a smart kid. His answer to the question about being robbed in the slam dunk contest was great.

Justin is from Lincolnshire, Illinois, which is a great town with very, VERY high public education academic standards.

He is typical of where he is from, which makes him reflective of being from a place with the absolute highest strata of achievement.

9 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Al Durham is old school. Herky-Jerky-contact-drawing-shoulder-shaking-head-jerking old school.

Please give him a respectable jumper, and he will be completely beloved.

Greg Graham immediately jumped to mind when I thought of Al's game.

Greg Graham immediately jumped to mind when I thought of Al's game.

Or Jim Thomas maybe.He has the size and strength to overpower smaller guards.Love the way he probes and passes and he has very good handles.Both he and Smith actually played defense in this game.Archie should be able to work on shot mechanics with these two and we will be happy.Smith should play more because of need but Durham could end up being a fantastic player by his junior year.

Or Jim Thomas maybe.He has the size and strength to overpower smaller guards.Love the way he probes and passes and he has very good handles.Both he and Smith actually played defense in this game.Archie should be able to work on shot mechanics with these two and we will be happy.Smith should play more because of need but Durham could end up being a fantastic player by his junior year.

I could see Durham getting run on the wing as a third guard if we're lacking depth there. If I recall correctly he has about a 6-10 wingspan? He should be able to defend slightly bigger threes.