Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

WayneFleekHoosier

A spin on our returning roster/recruits

Early returns... a few notes on the scoring... I only included the current 13 scholarship players... for anyone NOT listed on a vote (several members only listed 10 players), they were awarded a score of 13 for that submission.

UPDATE: Added HIGH and LOW votes

Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 7.19.33 PM.png

I will only vote for #12 #13 - #12 Priller #13 Blackmon. Everyone else would be welcomed back. Just because you can shoot a basketball does not mean you can play the game. Blackmon was just as much of a problem as Crean. One of the worst players defensively I have  ever seen. With him on the floor there was no balance on offense. There was a reason they were so bad at the beginning of 15-16 and so good later with him out!!!! (and that is even still having Crean as their coach!)  Him leaving would be a HUGE addition by subtraction.

Edited by connchr71
spelling

I'll take a walk on like him over some of our scholarships players we've had any day of the week.

But we don't have to worry about it taking up a scholarship which is the point of this or at least that's how I took it. Otherwise, I would agree with you because I'd have him above Priller and McSwain.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

But we don't have to worry about it taking up a scholarship which is the point of this or at least that's how I took it. Otherwise, I would agree with you because I'd have him above Priller and McSwain.

The point of this was who did everyone want to return in order of who you wanted back the most. Last time I check he was a part of this team scholarship or not, and no where did it say scholarship players only.

Edit - not to mention why would you only list scholarship players when McRoberts did more for this team then multiple players we had a scholarship. That just doesn't make any sense why you wouldn't include someone that contributes.

I will only vote for #12 #13 - #12 Priller #13 Blackmon. Everyone else would be welcomed back. Just because you can shoot a basketball does not mean you can play the game. Blackmon was just as much of a problem as Crean. One of the worst players defensively I have  ever seen. With him on the floor there was no balance on offense. There was a reason they were so bad at the beginning of 15-16 and so good later with him out!!!! (and that is even still having Crean as their coach!)  Him leaving would be a HUGE addition by subtraction.

If Blackmon comes back, I think everyone who feels this way is going to be shocked that they even thought this before the season began, at the end of the year, or Blackmon won't play very much. I could be wrong but I highly doubt it.

1 hour ago, connchr71 said:

No.

Garbage talk

PULL THE TRIGGER!!!!

I can't help it anymore...I know I might be alone on this thought, but I gotta say it:

I really dislike this thread. 

There are only two categories of players on IU:

1. Those that we hope will come back, and
  2. Those that we wish would just go away.

But, that calculation is not as easy as it seems.

As CAM (correctly) says, there are only enough minutes for nine or ten players. So, that makes a guy like Tim Priller, who ostensibly has been a good soldier for three years and doesn't mind foregoing minutes, a keeper. A thread that puts IU players in good standing ranked for who should be artificially shown the door if needed? We're not talking Perea or Hollowell here. 

Not my cup of tea. We will trim the roster by attrition. 

2 hours ago, Hoosiers High Life said:

Garbage talk

PULL THE TRIGGER!!!!

It is right there in front of you. The only thing that changed in 15-16 was him being out. The defense is obvious- don't even see how an argument could be made. His high school years were the same. Marion played some bad to average teams that IF they won had to score in 80s to do it.

I can't help it anymore...I know I might be alone on this thought, but I gotta say it:

As CAM (correctly) says, there are only enough minutes for nine or ten players. So, that makes a guy like Tim Priller, who ostensibly has been a good soldier for three years and doesn't mind foregoing minutes, a keeper. A thread that puts IU players in good standing ranked for who should be artificially shown the door if needed?

I'm sure you are not alone.

I want them all to come back if they want. Honestly, Including Priller and Gelon. That is why it is phrased the way it is. Facts are we are going to lose at least one player and maybe up to 3, by their own choice. Not CTC or CAM choice. This thread isn't "who should be shown the door", it's "who do we want back most". I realize by doing that it also answers "who do we want back least". It's not the intention of the thread.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

As CAM (correctly) says, there are only enough minutes for nine or ten players. So, that makes a guy like Tim Priller, who ostensibly has been a good soldier for three years and doesn't mind foregoing minutes, a keeper. A thread that puts IU players in good standing ranked for who should be artificially shown the door if needed? We're not talking Perea or Hollowell here. 

In that case I got 16 guys on scholarship that are in category 1.

The thing is they ALL must know their role on the team, and if it is #10-16 then they should not expect playing time but better be ready to work their tail off in practice to help the team.

With all that being said we obviously can't keep all 16..... so I think this thread is interesting in that it gives a snip of how our fan-base feels this should be rectified... even if CAM goes a different route... I find it interesting how different my list is from the majority of others on here.... and I find it interesting to follow how CAM will fix it.

5 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I'm sure you are not alone.

I want them all to come back if they want. Honestly, Including Priller and Gelon. That is why it is phrased the way it is. Facts are we are going to lose at least one player and maybe up to 3, by their own choice. Not CTC or CAM choice. This thread isn't "who should be shown the door", it's "who do we want back most". I realize by doing that it also answers "who do we want back least". It's not the intention of the thread.

Yes!

I know that "the former" is the intention of the thread, but it's the "unavoidable latter"  that bugs me.

Yes!
I know that "the former" is the intention of the thread, but it's the "unavoidable latter"  that bugs me.

I understand and respect that.

The same way people feel in gym class when they are picked last.
It's the nature of the beast. And it's interesting and fun.

Heck, I bet if we let our players co-captains "draft" teams from our current roster it might look a lot like what we've drawn up.

These players generally know where the stand just based off playing time. The other factor this thread allows is discord with CTC's depth chart.

Agree

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

On 4/6/2017 at 10:07 PM, connchr71 said:

So Gelon is good, but Blackmon isn't. Yeah that makes sense

So Gelon is good, but Blackmon isn't. Yeah that makes sense

Considering JBJ was one of the most efficient offensive players in the nation it really makes sense. We haven't had a top 10 ranked efficient player for a long time before last year too to put that in perspective.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app