Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

#IUBASE vs Ball State

Getting the win was nice, but when is Lemonis going to start feeling some heat (if he isn't already)? That team was 0-6 in the MAC.

No question but he can't go get the hits for them. The bats have been anemic at best. Last night they got the bat in the ball but always right to someone.

As for pitching, Krueger struggled from the outset. The middle relievers have been a problem all season. Is that recruiting?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Indiana plays a game at Victory Field for the third consecutive season on Tuesday, taking on the Ball State Cardinals at 7 pm ET. Hoosiers won 3-2 in 11 innings on 4/4. RHP Cal Krueger (1-1, 2.51), BSU - RHP Colin Brockhouse (2-1, 2.04).

Current RPI: IU 33 (21-16-2), BSU 131 (21-19)

Preview

Radio

Live Stats

This game is an example of why it is important for IU to maintain a high level. As of now about 3-4k in tics have been sold it looks like so in end you will probably have a crowd of 5k tonight maybe. This is a very good number except you had over 8k 2 yrs. ago and over 7k last year. I will be there but clearly attendance for this yearly game is moving in wrong direction whether it be the novelty wearing off, IU's inconsistencies or Ball St not being the draw ND is (although crowd was down from first to second year also).

Fun game. First clean game of the 3 I've been to this year where IU played reasonably well in all aspects. Other than Cal Kreuger who got banged around the 1st 3 innings (his defense saved him on some really hard hit balls in 1st 2 innings before imploding in 3rd) pitching was good. I have criticized Lemonis for a slow hook on pitchers this year but he was much better tonight about getting them out of their in a timely manner and especially Kreuger which was huge. The rest of the staff was solid all game and the tying double in 9th was a soft hit down 3rd base line that was barely fair for a double.

Also very impressed our hitters were not swinging for fences every time like I have seen in past and successfully banged out 10 singles by just looking for clean singles (as a matter of fact I don't believe we got a single ball to the warning track tonight). Hopefully team is finally getting it together and this was certainly much better than the Nebraska and PU game I saw.

Side note: Despite the post card weather attendance was down to 6,000 this year (it was 6,600 last year on a rainy night and over 8,000 on gorgeous night 2 yrs ago). While this is certainly a great crowd by any measure it does signal that fan support will go down if IU falls off anymore I believe.