Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

reconmkd

Who's declaring/transferring around NCAA 2017?

Chad Ford's draft predictions: http://insider.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/18875530/2017-nba-draft-out

In summary:
OG: 15-25
TB: 25-50
JBJR: Possible 2nd Rounder but most likely undrafted
RoJo: Not discussed

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

More reason to think just Rojo returns. That solves scholarship crunch. All 3 croots can come in. Durham for JB, Smith for OG, and Moore for TB.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

37 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

More reason to think just Rojo returns. That solves scholarship crunch. All 3 croots can come in. Durham for JB, Smith for OG, and Moore for TB.

I think TB, JBJ and Rojo are all back.  Yes, means that a couple scholly guys get axed, but this could set IU up for a 2002 type of run.  Elite talent finally utilized... then CAM brings in his guys and continues the tradition.

I think TB, JBJ and Rojo are all back.  Yes, means that a couple scholly guys get axed, but this could set IU up for a 2002 type of run.  Elite talent finally utilized... then CAM brings in his guys and continues the tradition.

Wishful thinking. I hope ur right but it's hard for me to see Blackmon coming back at all. He'll hope to follow Troy and Yogi and their success is all he needs to see.

TB, same but I can see him coming back but I can equally see him leaving. 50/50 depending on what he hears.

Yogi and Troy changed IU players perception of draft analysis.

1 minute ago, Crimson and Cream said:

Kentucky fans surely have to be sick of the way that program is being run. 1 returning player??? They will struggle again next season due to youth.

There has been some chatter around the internet, but if you bring it up to the people I work with that are pUKe fans nothing but support. I brought up that they only have 1 title under Calipari, and got the response of but we are constantly competing for Elite 8, and Final Fours. I think deep down their inner fandom is busting TVs, burning couches, and calling for his head though. You can tell by how they act when the Cats loose that they are not pleased at all, especially when they lost back to back this season to Kansas and Tennessee.

9 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

I brought up that they only have 1 title under Calipari

Honestly thought it was more. Guess they have made deep runs but haven't been able to do it more than once. Hopefully that is seen as a flaw with his system in the future and we see guys sticking around longer.

28 minutes ago, Capt. Crimson said:

Honestly thought it was more. Guess they have made deep runs but haven't been able to do it more than once. Hopefully that is seen as a flaw with his system in the future and we see guys sticking around longer.

I don't think any reasonable person would see it as a flaw. Making runs to the Elite Eight and Final Four most years and breaking through one year to win the national championship. That's a run of consistency any program would love to have.

Just now, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I don't think any reasonable person would see it as a flaw. Making runs to the Elite Eight and Final Four most years and breaking through one year to win the national championship. That's a run of consistency any program would love to have.

Let's consider pUKe fans unreasonable then... lol

7 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Disagree:

• An almost entirely new roster each year; makes it very, very hard for fans to connect with the players. As soon as you're getting to know and appreciate them...whooooops! They pull the rug out and say sayonara.
  • Nearly no players who come anywhere close to attaining a UK degree
  • Players with very little connection to the university or the student population
  • All this done in the name of monopolizing the national high-end talent, and therein to deliver titles, of which they have one in nine years, and pretty much zero chance of getting one next year 

If I was a UK alum, and I was willing to make a mockery of the system in order to win, I would want to win BIG. They have not.

This! Calipari is basically running Kentucky's program as a minor league basketball team. He brings in a new set of mercenaries every June and they're gone the following April. That would get exhausting year after year. Winning is nice, but he only has 1 banner in 9 years. Other programs can republicate his results without having to use his means.