Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

So what is the incentive to being a clean program?

Would letting kids go straight to the pros (instead of making them wait until they're 19) mitigate some of these issues, or would Kentucky and UNC just pay the 4-stars instead of the sliced bread?

Would letting kids go straight to the pros (instead of making them wait until they're 19) mitigate some of these issues, or would Kentucky and UNC just pay the 4-stars instead of the sliced bread?

They only need to be eligible for ine semester at kentucky so probably not. UNC is far worae. Good old roy.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, CR3AMnCR1MS0N said:

This scandal goes back to the Dean Smith days well before the 1 and done rule. 

A lot of it comes down to the capabilities of the NCAA. They have no subpoena power. If you don't self report or have someone in the know snitch on you you're clear. Not that the NCAA would chase something down if they actually could.

They have had a former player and the person assigning the grades admit to it. Still not enough.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/education/unc-scandal/article10122626.html

The classes, some advertised as lectures but that never met and others listed as independent studies, were supervised by Deborah Crowder, a manager in African and Afro-American studies who a report from former U.S. Justice Department official Kenneth Wainstein says graded required end-of-semester work leniently as part of a “paper class” scheme to keep athletes eligible. Crowder was not a professor and admitted to investigators that she assigned grades without reading the papers.

One of the basketball players, Rashad McCants, had previously told ESPN he took nothing but paper classes in the spring 2005 semester. His transcript showed he was in three independent studies plus one lecture class that had no instruction. He received straight A-minuses, making the dean’s list.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

They have had a former player and the person assigning the grades admit to it. Still not enough.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/education/unc-scandal/article10122626.html

The classes, some advertised as lectures but that never met and others listed as independent studies, were supervised by Deborah Crowder, a manager in African and Afro-American studies who a report from former U.S. Justice Department official Kenneth Wainstein says graded required end-of-semester work leniently as part of a “paper class” scheme to keep athletes eligible. Crowder was not a professor and admitted to investigators that she assigned grades without reading the papers.

One of the basketball players, Rashad McCants, had previously told ESPN he took nothing but paper classes in the spring 2005 semester. His transcript showed he was in three independent studies plus one lecture class that had no instruction. He received straight A-minuses, making the dean’s list.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

That was my point with them chasing something down even if they could. The NCAA wants nothing to do with correctly punishing UNC and Ol Roy. It would cost them money.

That was my point with them chasing something down even if they could. The NCAA wants nothing to do with correctly punishing UNC and Ol Roy. It would cost them money.

You got it. Money trumps all. In fact the ncaa was probably pissed iu self reported. It cost them money in the three years we were in the toilet.

6 hours ago, recker222000 said:

You got it. Money trumps all. In fact the ncaa was probably pissed iu self reported. It cost them money in the three years we were in the toilet.

Nope, our ex president and devil himself, Myles Brand, probably wanted to give us the death penalty. We self reported and Lucifer made sure to take us to hell with him. 

I don't think UNC will get away with their transgressions. Their arrogant response to the NCAA infractions committee didn't go over well. So sometime in 2017 I believe sanctions and probably forfeitures will be announces. 

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/unc-again-faces-ncaa-extra-benefits-charge-in-academic-case/16363327/