Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

(2018) ATH/WR Cam Jones to IU

My only thing about him and recruits today.... Always wishing for a visit or offer. Yes I understand we are not prestigious like other schools...but don't committ if you're like a bad gf waiting on the next Fabio to come along. This kid is so vocal about being super excited about Louisville offer and hoping so bad for a visit. Lol. It's like just decommitt. Sorry for my rant. I just wish there was some more loyalty and honor. Psh oh well if we keep him we keep him if not I'm not mad. HC Tommy boy and his crew are hitting it hard and I think we will get some great recruits this year. 

From Sam Beishuizen at TheHoosier.com

Cam Jones is a Hoosier no more.

The three-star receive out of Cordova, Tennessee decommitted from Indiana late Thursday. He thanked the coaching staff in a tweet and called the decision "hard" but that a conversation with his family assured him it was the right choice.

Jones also said that Indiana remains one of his top schools and that he will wind up in Bloomington, presumably for a visit.

Jones declined a formal interview.

Predicting a decommitment is never cut and dry, but Jones hinted at wavering from early on in the process. Even while committing to the Hoosiers back in early April he said he was still going to be open in his recruiting process.

Jones has family ties to Tennessee with his older brother being a former player there, and the Volunteers were making a strong push over the last couple of months to get Jones to flip. In an interview with the Tennessee Rivals Network site, Jones made it clear the interest was mutual.

"The visit was very different," Jones said of a trip to Knoxville. "I got to interact with the coaches more. I got to talk to the players and see what it's like being on the campus and some things they experience outside the campus. They gave me a clear view of what Knoxville is all about."

Jones, who said at the time of his IU commitment that Bloomington "felt like home," was asked point blank if he would listen to the push to get him to Tennessee. If he were a hard commit, the answer would have been no.

His answer was: "Uh, I don't know yet."

Now we can see why.

I was speaking with a current graduate assistant at Tennessee this past weekend and from the sounds of it, he did not feel they would have a good season. Basically said that unless they won the SEC east he would not be surprised if Butch Jones (and staff) were fired at the end of the season. I also asked him about coach Debord and he had nothing but good things to say about him as well as coach Sheridan.

Tennessee is the home school, the school where his brother played and they are a more prestigious program.

This is likely an uphill battle for IU at this point even if Tennessee gets a new staff.