Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

P92

Never can figure Knight out

According to the Star, Knight was emotionally overcome last night in Bloomington while reading an essay defining an Indiana Baketball Player, and again was wiping tears away while speaking on stage to former IU president Ryan's widow...especially after she said, "we all miss you."  The Star said he praised IU fans as the very best, and also spoke highly of CAM.  Every time I write Knight off as a total jerk, there's something like this or some behind the scenes charity he has done that comes to light, and then, every time I think he's an alright guy he goes dressing in gold and speaking to PU fans and wishes IU administrators were dead.  A strange guy, lots of contradictions. FWIW, he was in a red sweater last night.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/indiana/2017/03/30/bob-knight-praises-new-iu-coach-archie-miller/99856490/

This is about as high a praise as you could ever expect from Knight. Says a lot about the perception of Archie's skill/program management. This should make a few of the Alford fans feel better.

Edited by LostInLouisville

7 minutes ago, P92 said:

According to the Star, Knight was emotionally overcome last night in Bloomington while reading an essay defining an Indiana Baketball Player, and again was wiping tears away while speaking on stage to former IU president Ryan's widow...especially after she said, "we all miss you."  The Star said he praised IU fans as the very best, and also spoke highly of CAM.  Every time I write Knight off as a total jerk, there's something like this or some behind the scenes charity he has done that comes to light, and then, every time I think he's an alright guy he goes dressing in gold and speaking to PU fans and wishes IU administrators were dead.  A strange guy, lots of contradictions. FWIW, he was in a red sweater last night.

Dude is bi-polar. He'll be back on the "F--k Indiana" bandwagon again very soon. 

Bob Knight is a cancer and an absolute disgrace to Indiana University.  He has had MULTIPLE opportunities to put the past behind him and show support to the fans, like me, who supported him.....he was never mature enough to do so.  He sold off all of his IU championship stuff for "estate planning" purposes and then comes out a few weeks ago and said what he said.  18 years later and he still is finding ways to embarrass the University.  Knight is history and the University should continue to work towards keeping him as far away from the program as possible.

Bob Knight is a cancer and an absolute disgrace to Indiana University.  He has had MULTIPLE opportunities to put the past behind him and show support to the fans, like me, who supported him.....he was never mature enough to do so.  He sold off all of his IU championship stuff for "estate planning" purposes and then comes out a few weeks ago and said what he said.  18 years later and he still is finding ways to embarrass the University.  Knight is history and the University should continue to work towards keeping him as far away from the program as possible.

This hot take is still sizzling

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

This hot take is still sizzling emoji15.png

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

yeah...I was at the Big Ten Tourney the year after he was fired.  Myles Brand and crew sat right in front of us for about one minute and thirty seconds.  We gave him the verbal business for how Bob was fired and followed Brand to the exit of the United Center giving him the business.  18 years later and Bob comes out and "wishes" death upon the administration?  Why not just call them donkeys or lay a case out for what DB's they were...nope..Knight goes right to death...good riddance.....

3 minutes ago, finky said:

yeah...I was at the Big Ten Tourney the year after he was fired.  Myles Brand and crew sat right in front of us for about one minute and thirty seconds.  We gave him the verbal business for how Bob was fired and followed Brand to the exit of the United Center giving him the business.  18 years later and Bob comes out and "wishes" death upon the administration?  Why not just call them donkeys or lay a case out for what DB's they were...nope..Knight goes right to death...good riddance.....

They're just words though man... It's not like he's showing up on their doorsteps with a shotgun in his hands. Honestly I laughed when he said that because it's exactly what I would expect him to say. It's just part of what makes him Bob Knight.  

Knight just wanted Crean fired like the rest of us.

Can't blame the man.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Is this opinion or did he say this somewhere? Would be interested in reading that article for sure. "Knight's uncandid thoughts on Tom Crean as a coach!"

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

He's very complex individual.  Incredible coach with a variety of issues, some of his issues probably have issues, he also did a lot of good not just for the IU basketball program but IU and the Bloomington community.  Incredibly complex.

He's a large part of Indiana being "Indiana".  Personally, despite my doubts I'll continue to hope he'll decide to bury the hatchet and walk through the doors of AH one last time; at which point we'll need a new arena because the roof will be blown off.

... then the sky will be the roof!  

They're just words though man... It's not like he's showing up on their doorsteps with a shotgun in his hands. Honestly I laughed when he said that because it's exactly what I would expect him to say. It's just part of what makes him Bob Knight.  

Exactly, people say stuff like that all the time. If you hate someone for saying that you'll probably hate everyone including yourself.

41 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

Exactly, people say stuff like that all the time. If you hate someone for saying that you'll probably hate everyone including yourself.

The difference being that MOST people have enough common sense to NOT say things like that when there are cameras and microphones in front of you. 

8 minutes ago, jmsgws said:

The difference being that MOST people have enough common sense to NOT say things like that when there are cameras and microphones in front of you. 

Doesnt matter. To me I have more respect for someone who will say it when people are around rather than people who say it in private and pretend like thats something they would never say when people are around,

I guess I would vote for common decency.  Being honest about a situation is one thing, but being an A$$hat is something different, to me.  I respect people telling the truth, however, that respect is gone when they tell the truth, but treat people like dirt at the same time. 

I'll take honesty over fake any day. People that are fake like someone who wouldn't say it in front of someone but will say it in private will never get any respect from me. That's a cowardly person. But there's nothing wrong with agreeing to disagree.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners