Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
lucel15

IUFB Spring Game - April 13th @ 7 pm ET

40 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

is there some kind of connection between Gruden and IU?

Think this helps the program?

Gruden grew up in South Bend, Ind., but he has IU ties from his childhood. His father, Jim, was on Lee Corso’s staff at IU back in the 1970s. During that time, Gruden was a ball boy for Bob Knight.

http://saturdaytradition.com/indiana-football/gruden-iu-spring-game-2017/

8 minutes ago, ccgeneral said:

Gruden grew up in South Bend, Ind., but he has IU ties from his childhood. His father, Jim, was on Lee Corso’s staff at IU back in the 1970s. During that time, Gruden was a ball boy for Bob Knight.

Yep. Played Little League with Jon and against him in football in HS. He was a cool dude. Jay is an ass.

1 hour ago, ccgeneral said:

Gruden wore an IU basketball shirt in this GoPro ad.

On 3/31/2017 at 7:42 AM, ccgeneral said:

@HoosierFootball: ICYMI, the Cream & Crimson Game is April 13th at 7 p.m. Admission is free. The game will be televised on @BigTenNetwork.

Sorry folks, this info is a bit off. The game will be live on BTN2Go @ 7 pm ET and re-aired on BTN @ 9 pm ET. Set the DVR.

http://iuhoosiers.com/news/2017/4/5/springgame2017.aspx?path=football

Youth Football Clinic - 5 p.m.
Memorial Stadium Field
Children ages 5-12 are invited to participate in a special one-hour youth football clinic on the Memorial Stadium Field. The non-contact clinic (no helmets or pads) will feature different stations led by former Hoosier football players and coaches. Children participating in the clinic must have a signed waiver. Parents and guardians should bring clinic participants to the east side of Memorial Stadium for check-in. Stadium gates open at 4:45 p.m.

Spring Game Tailgate Party/Fan and Kids Zone - 5 p.m. - 6:45 p.m.
Free Hot Dogs, Brats, Chips & Drinks
Free hot dogs, brats, chips and drinks will be available in the east side tailgating lot of Memorial Stadium. Additionally, inflatable games, the Old Oaken Bucket Football Toss and Selfie Stations will be available to fans. IU Football schedule posters, team rosters, and schedule cards will be distributed as well. Memorial Stadium concessions stands will also be open that evening for the game. Special behind-the-scenes tours of Memorial Stadium will be available to fans from 5:45-6:45 p.m. For seating at the game, please enter through the East side stadium gates only. 

2017 Cream & Crimson Game
7 p.m. - Memorial Stadium
Fresh off their appearance in the 2016 Foster Farms Bowl, catch a preview of the 2017 Indiana Hoosiers. Admission to the Cream & Crimson Game is free. Players will warm-up starting at approximately 6 p.m. For seating, at the game, please enter through the East side stadium gates only. Follow @OurIndiana on Twitter or IU Athletics on Facebook for updates regarding Spring Game. 

Rosters

Team Cream is led by head coach Mike DeBord (OC/TE/OL) and assistants Noah Joseph (Defensive Coordinator/S/CB), Mike Hart (RB), William Inge (LB), Nick Sheridan (QB/WR), Pat Kuntz (DL), Jeff McInerney (ST) and Kasey Teegardin.

Team Crimson is guided by head coach Mark Hagen (DC/DL) and assistants Grant Heard (OC/WR/TE), Darren Hiller (OL), Brandon Shelby (S/CB), Billy Cosh (QB/RB), Jim Nelson (LB), Ryan McInerney (ST) and Sean Fisher.

Prior to the 2017 Cream & Crimson Spring Game Draft, Team Cream signed fifth-year senior quarterback Richard Lagow and senior defensive lineman Robert McCray III to free agent contracts.

Team Crimson added senior tight end Ian Thomas and sophomore husky Marcelino Ball as free agents.

Round 1
Team Cream – Simmie Cobbs, Jr. (No. 1), Hunter Littlejohn (No. 4), Kiante Walton (No. 6), Simon Stepaniak (No. 8), Ja'Merez Bowen (No. 10), Isaac James (No. 12)

Team Crimson – Tegray Scales (No. 2), Taysir Mack (No. 3), Wes Martin (No. 5), Greg Gooch (No. 7), Brandon Knight (No. 9), Jacob Robinson (No. 11)

Round 2
Team Cream – Andre Brown, Jr., Jerome Johnson, Mackenzie Nworah, Ryan Smith, Grayson Stover, Nile Sykes

Team Crimson – Mike Barwick, Jr., Tom Bolstad, Rashard Fant, Nick Ramacca, Peyton Ramsey, Alex Rodriguez

Round 3
Team Cream – Delroy Baker, Ricky Brookins, Gavin Everett, Tyler Green, Juan Harris, Griffin Oakes

Team Crimson – Coy Cronk, Austin Dorris, Tony Fields, A'Shon Riggins, Allen Stallings IV, Luke Timian

Round 4
Team Cream – Shaun Bonner, Jonathan Crawford, Chase Dutra, Jonah Morris, T.J. Simmons, Brandon Wilson

Team Crimson – Phil Benker, Khalil Bryant, Jameel Cook, Jr., Chris Gajcak, Austin King, Omari Stringer

I'll probably try to catch some of the replay at 9pm. 

Really can't learn much from a spring game, but excited for some IUFB in my life.

4 hours ago, LIHoosier said:

Watched the 1st half. Coach Allen was mic'd and Gruden was pretty high on Cobbs. Scales was Scales and Lagow still needs to fix his mechanics a bit.

Did Ramsey look like starter material? I don't feel good about Lagow at qb unless he makes major improvements. 

Ramsey outplayed Lagow imo. Ideally I'd like Ramsey to sit another year if we had a good B1G level starter but we don't so I hope he gets the nod this year. Glad Fant is ok, that looked horrible and my biggest concern was I hope he didn't break his neck. Ball is an absolute freak, his run on offense was impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Ramsey looked good.  His team had the better running game, which might have played a factor.

Lagow had receivers drop a lot of his passes.  He had some placement problems on a few of his passes but he also had some really good placement for only the receiver to catch it.  And a lot of them were dropped.  

I hope Simmie stays healthy.  He'll be a big part of any success on the offensive side of the ball.  

Did anybody see Natee?  I didn't see him out there.  Is he injured?

For a Spring game, they looked good.  A lot to work out.  I hope that's the case for Mike McGinnis.  He missed some tackles and looked like he had some pursuit angle problems.  I could be wrong though.  Also, the running game.  They need to work out that as well.  Ramsey might be a good addition to have him in for dual threat opportunities.  But overall I was impressed from top to bottom.

^ just to hit on two of Lucels points. Our WR's did drop a lot of passes but the potential is definitely there like he said. I think having Simmie back will help take the pressure off the rest of our WR's.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners