Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

#IUBASE - 3 game series vs Nebraska

54 minutes ago, ccgeneral said:

The bullpen has given up HUGE leads on more than a few occasions and are hitters lead the B1G in Ks. The issues are wall to wall.

That's probably true.

I'm not really sold on Lemonis yet.  I guess the main problem I have is that he's just such a departure from Tracy Smith.  I don't want to get into too much, but Tracy Smith was not only a great coach, but he was super charismatic.  I really think that helped him build the program.  I'm still willing to give Lemonis a chance as a coach, but I just can't see him selling the program the way Smith did.   

1 hour ago, nerdvana said:

I'm not really sold on Lemonis yet.  I guess the main problem I have is that he's just such a departure from Tracy Smith.  I don't want to get into too much, but Tracy Smith was not only a great coach, but he was super charismatic.  I really think that helped him build the program.  I'm still willing to give Lemonis a chance as a coach, but I just can't see him selling the program the way Smith did.   

I agree with this to an extent but if the players were developing under Lemonis like they did under Smith no one would care about if Lemonis was charismatic. However, with the other issues so far this is another one to throw into the pot.

I agree Lemonis deserves a chance but early returns are mixed at best and will need to improve if he is long term answer.

11 hours ago, Aaron said:

I agree with this to an extent but if the players were developing under Lemonis like they did under Smith no one would care about if Lemonis was charismatic. However, with the other issues so far this is another one to throw into the pot.

I agree Lemonis deserves a chance but early returns are mixed at best and will need to improve if he is long term answer.

Certainly not disagreeing with you, but I think you're underestimating the role of charisma in coaching and player development.  I'm not a super connected guy by any means, but I coached travel baseball for several years and had the pleasure of talking to Tracy Smith and attending his clinics.  I can't tell you how impressed I was with how the kids responded to him.  Some coaches just have that effect on others (I know I didn't LOL).  In all fairness, by the time that Chris Lemonis came on board, I was dealing mainly with Shawn Roof, but I just got a much different vibe from the program.  Tracy Smith was the type of guy that kids truly wanted to work hard for.  Lemonis seems to be more the "work hard or else" no-nonsense type of coach.  He's not a bad guy...just a much, much different coach that Tracy Smith.  

I hope this post doesn't come across as negative.  Overall, I'm thrilled with the commitment IU has made to its baseball program and I certainly am 100% behind Chris Lemonis.           

14 hours ago, nerdvana said:

I think we had nowhere to go but down after Smith, but this just doesn't feel like a very good team.