Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ramadden13

Stupidest Miller Take - Crispin on BTN

The goal is to win and compete for conference championships and national championships every single year. These media idiots think IUs expectations are unfathomable because it's such high standards?? This is IU! It's a blue blood basketball program and we expect greatness! Kansas, UNC, Duke and Kentucky have these expectations all the time. Those guys have great coaches. Newsflash to all the media tards out there: Crean is not a great coach nor is he a good one. There was no winning a national championship with that guy at the helm. Archie has potential through the roof and he gives us hope. That's what we want. We just want a guy that can compete year in and year out. God I want to strangle all of these assholes. They're dumber than a box of rocks. Now that I think about it, I'm insulting the rocks. Damn

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Crispin's fly-by mumbling about process is back!! http://btn.com/2017/04/12/crispin-time-to-value-process-of-building-true-winning-culture/

One notable low-light:

One of the reasons I read about why Tom Crean was let go at IU really bugged me. The reason was inconsistency. It didn’t bug me because it could be argued to be untrue (Editor's Notes: (1) Double negative, (2) How??). It bugged me because it was contradictory to the mission. (Editor's Note: HOW?) It was contradictory to the projected goal of the administration. The published and defined goal was to win championships and hang banners. If consistency was truly the goal, then more attention would be given to the process by which consistency can be achieved. 

This is so dumb. First, consistent success was the goal, not just consistency. Second, Crean's process was bad, and it was the reason that lots of us wanted him to go. His recruiting had fallen off and problem areas (defense, turnovers) were not addressed over a number of seasons. IU didn't let Tom Crean go because he missed the NCAA tournament this year. IU let Tom Crean go because his. process. was. bad. I hate these idiotic fly-by takes that don't bother to learn anything about the situation that they are writing about.

"At Indiana you need the best talent" - Wrong.  Why are we so in love with Brad Stevens?  He took teams of gritty strivers to the FF.  (Yeah, I know, he had Gordon Hayward, but would he have been Gordon Hayward if he hadn't had Brad Stevens as a coach?)

"If you're not putting out pros" - LIKE WE CARE????

He doesn't even understand how much he doesn't understand.