Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

From what I heard, it's more than a traffic situation, but was covered up by University and police...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

10 years ago? He was 28? Hoping we're not implying some Alford level dirt, but also that's still a pretty immature age... (I should know )

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

13 hours ago, IU Hoosier41 said:

From what I heard, it's more than a traffic situation, but was covered up by University and police...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Could the cover up be maybe he had a small amount of Marijuana or open Alcohol or maybe even a DUI where he blew a .10 instead of a .08? I have no idea what happened but when you say 'cover up' that could mean any number of things from something somewhat minor that was dropped (but very embarrassing like the examples I gave above) but a fairly small deal overall to a full blown cover up.

Also if this happened in Yuma wouldn't it be less likely for that police department to cover it up since they are not part of University of Arizona which is in Tucson? A full blown cover up would be far more likely if Archie had been stopped by university police and not in another city. It would be like if Crean got stopped for something in Muncie it would be far less likely to be covered up than if IUPD stopped him on campus.

I have to assume that Glass and the search firm did their homework on whatever this was and it was not a big deal. If it was something huge it would of gotten out in the media most likely even if it had been covered up initially. Somebody always talks at some point with the truth coming out if it were major.  

Could the cover up be maybe he had a small amount of Marijuana or open Alcohol or maybe even a DUI where he blew a 1.0 instead of a .08? I have no idea what happened but when you say 'cover up' that could mean any number of things from something somewhat minor that was dropped (but very embarrassing like the examples I gave above) but a fairly small deal overall to a full blown cover up.
Also if this happened in Yuma wouldn't it be less likely for that police department to cover it up since they are not part of University of Arizona which is in Tucson? A full blown cover up would be far more likely if Archie had been stopped by university police and not in another city. It would be like if Crean got stopped for something in Muncie it would be far less likely to be covered up than if IUPD stopped him on campus.
I have to assume that Glass and the search firm did their homework on whatever this was and it was not a big deal. If it was something huge it would of gotten out in the media most likely even if it had been covered up initially. Somebody always talks at some point with the truth coming out if it were major.  

If he blew a 1.0 he wouldn't be coaching here today.

1 hour ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

If he blew a 1.0 he wouldn't be coaching here today.

Sorry meant .10. Something that is over legal limit but barely impairs you and you are not really a huge danger to others in that state. I'm not defending that and I won't drive with a drop of alcohol in me, but in the grander scheme of things it's minor and use to be the legal limit for many years until it was lowered. 

You're right if he blew a 1.0 he would be dead. My bad and I have corrected it in my post.

Sorry meant .10. Something that is over legal limit but barely impairs you and you are not really a huge danger to others in that state. I'm not defending that and I won't drive with a drop of alcohol in me, but in the grander scheme of things it's minor and use to be the legal limit for many years until it was lowered. 
You're right if he blew a 1.0 he would be dead. My bad and I have corrected it in my post.

Not sure if you have any knowledge of just how much .08 really is but you're definitely impaired. .1 and no way you should be behind a wheel

Yeah just messing with you no worries. You actually enter risk of death at around .35 I believe. The more you know!