Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

Tom Crean Press Tour 2017

My only point would be that Dakich has been on Glass' @$$ since the firing for. Or meeting with Crean. I have no reason to suspect that Crean put him up to it, but it just looks like piling on from where I'm sitting. Of course, Dakich is a professional D-bag, so that has to factor in somewhere.

Oh I agree with that too. Dakich is wrong on this. Glass 100% did the right thing for IU.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, Dalton26 said:

Man Treesh I have to admit you're pretty confusing. You go from wanting the team to lose so Crean will be fired to mentioning keeping him every chance you get. It doesn't make any sense.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

He's gone soft on us. 

All that said, I respect Crean as a person. He is tough, caring, and passionate.

Problem is his Basketball ideals weren't strong enough and his plan and vision for IU was to fly by the seat of his pants and hope it all works out.

and speaking of flying pants, Crean's belt couldn't even stop his pants from takeoff. *rimshot

2 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

I don't even know what this means comparative to what you took issue with. Neither was wrong.

OK, let me clarify. You seem to be saying that it was totally cool for Crean to blow off his meeting with his boss. I disagree. The IU basketball coaching job is not like being assistant manager at the Quickie Mart and a 3 day trip to Florida you just threw together is hardly a convincing reason to run away. 

You also seem to be saying that Crean is somehow being classy because he is not trashing his former boss or the school he used to work for, when he easily could. I disagree again. He was fired for good cause, and since I assume he wants another job coaching basketball, it is in his best interests to keep his statements about IU and his former boss positive.

OK, let me clarify. You seem to be saying that it was totally cool for Crean to blow off his meeting with his boss. I disagree. The IU basketball coaching job is not like being assistant manager at the Quickie Mart and a 3 day trip to Florida you just threw together is hardly a convincing reason to run away. 

You also seem to be saying that Crean is somehow being classy because he is not trashing his former boss or the school he used to work for, when he easily could. I disagree again. He was fired for good cause, and since I assume he wants another job coaching basketball, it is in his best interests to keep his statements about IU and his former boss positive.

Blow off his boss? Wouldn't that imply he wasn't fired yet? As for the classy thing. I just said he had a forum to blast him. He didn't. Both have handled this situation just fine. Sorry you have to look for something that just isn't there. Cause guess what? Whether he worked at the Quickie Mart or IU when his boss fired him he is still an ex employee not obligated to anything. Shocking, I know!

Blow off his boss? Wouldn't that imply he wasn't fired yet? As for the classy thing. I just said he had a forum to blast him. He didn't. Both have handled this situation just fine. Sorry you have to look for something that just isn't there. Cause guess what? Whether he worked at the Quickie Mart or IU when his boss fired him he is still an ex employee not obligated to anything. Shocking, I know!

I think we're pretty close to beating a dead horse … but as I understood it, Glass may have spoken with Crean's agent, but not Crean as of the night before … and Glass texted Crean the next morning requesting a meeting … Crean knew or understood that he would be fired, and chose not to meet. IF that was truly the case, then he had not (yet) been fired, he owed it to his boss to meet, as requested. Just because you anticipate a bad outcome does. Or excuse you from meeting with your boss.

Semantics. We're obviously going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

That's kind of the point. If Glass texted him "you're fired, let's meet" that's one thing. If he just said something like "we need to talk", it's quite another.

i understand and I realize Crean decided not to meet. But he already knew the night before, he might as well just hop on the plane and head to Florida.

I just crashed my car again,Im goin to Dizz knee land!

I just tossed a fifth of gin.Im goin to Dizz knee land!

Just listened to the interview and I have no doubts that Crean is a good man. A lot of this confirmed it for me; however, several things rubbed me wrong. He said maybe he was naive for not seeing this coming. I find that very hard to believe. He said himself about not getting an extension last year and then answering Dan's question about being relieved. He said he doesn't feel like he's not looking behind doors, etc anymore. That and no extension should have been enough hints that he had to know he was on a short leash. You don't need to be on social media to see that. I didn't buy his naive and being caught off guard implication for one second.

Now about Glass not contacting him. I've been downsized from a job with a 2 week severance before. My boss and I were on great terms prior. Never heard from him again until we ran into each other years later. Sometimes business is business no matter how abrasive it seems. So the whole "Glass hasn't reached out??" gasp moment seemed weak too. Crean was making 3+ million a year. He's still getting paid the remainder of his contract. Glass knows he'll be ok. I know he'll be ok! Glass by all means did what was best for the program, plain and simple.

I also don't blame Crean for not meeting Glass that morning. The conversation would've been one direction and he knew that direction. Unless it was mandatory, I would've skipped out too.

And am I the only one that appreciated Miller's succinct and direct answers compared to Crean's book-length replies to everything. He's definitely a wordy individual.

Kent Sterling made I good point about the interview that I haven't seen brought up. Before Dakich could even start the interview, Crean interrupted him with five minutes of praise for Dakich's son. You could see it a classy and kind act. A more cynical person could see it as phony and manipulative. Sterling saw the latter and I'm inclined to agree. I knew some people around the athletic department when I was in school and the word was that he was only kind to people who mattered.

25 minutes ago, IU Hambone said:

Kent Sterling made I good point about the interview that I haven't seen brought up. Before Dakich could even start the interview, Crean interrupted him with five minutes of praise for Dakich's son. You could see it a classy and kind act. A more cynical person could see it as phony and manipulative. Sterling saw the latter and I'm inclined to agree. I knew some people around the athletic department when I was in school and the word was that he was only kind to people who mattered.

Not doubting your source about Crean, but I would've bet a paycheck that Kent Sterling would be anti-Crean on this. Tom Crean could cure cancer and Sterling would say he did it just to get attention. 

Agree, go around Bloomington and you'll hear dozens of people complementing him and his family.

He's a great man, bad coach for a power school.

You'll also find a lot of people that have seen the real Tom Crean too. I watched the way he talked to a female student years ago while visiting a friend at IU and I will never have any respect for Crean.

Heard Crean is going to be on ESPN for final 4 analysis. This is right up his alley as he is a good speaker and ambassador for basketball. I still like him and wish him well--it was just time for a change for IU basketball. Glad it's Archie time!

Heard Crean is going to be on ESPN for final 4 analysis. This is right up his alley as he is a good speaker and ambassador for basketball. I still like him and wish him well--it was just time for a change for IU basketball. Glad it's Archie time!

Crean finally made it back to the final four huh

Crean said he really didn't feel it coming. Or something of that nature. But, did anyone ask him about moving the NIT game to GTech and how he felt or thought about that? Seems like that would be foretelling something was in the brew. No?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Crean said he really didn't feel it coming. Or something of that nature. But, did anyone ask him about moving the NIT game to GTech and how he felt or thought about that? Seems like that would be foretelling something was in the brew. No?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Supposedly Men'sBB (not Glass) asked for the game to be on road according to Glass. It's really hard to believe this, but if so it says everything we need to know about IUBB decision making recently.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners