Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2018) SF - Jerome Hunter to IU

11 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Interesting comment by CAM on his radio show basically saying down the road he wants hunter and Anderson to develop into big physical guards

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

That was the plan all along I believe. When Jerome commited he mentioned that Archie sees him as a 2 guard.

I can see where CAM is going with this. It's the way of basketball these days. Phinisee can pressure the ball. Hunter and Anderson can use their length and quickness in the pack line to shade towards the paint but be able to get out to shooters.

I believe we'll see with Moore, Thompson, Forrester, and some of the 2019 recruits being used in the 3-4 spots. The 2-3 will be used for the 6-4 to 6-7 wings like Hunter, Anderson, and Smith. This will give CAM options for lineups.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I doubt Smith ever plays the wing here.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BtownBanners mobile app

I don't. Next season with Davis, Morgan, Thompson, and Forrester I could see him playing the 3. Hunter and Smith at the 2-3 would be a huge lineup.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

His skill set isn't that of a guards. We want his athleticism around the basket. I think another year in our weight room he will be a big time stud down low.

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

His skill set isn't that of a guards. We want his athleticism around the basket. I think another year in our weight room he will be a big time stud down low.

Hunter is not a post player. Not even close. 

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

Oh no.. Hunter will play some 4 simply because he's 6'7, but I was talking about Smith.

With the guys we have coming in I doubt Hunter will ever play the 4. We have Morgan, Davis, Smith, Thompson, and Forrester for the 4-5. Hunter will primarily be a 3 with some time at the 2 as well. My guess is he’ll be more of a 2 his sophomore year after Romeo leaves.

With the guys we have coming in I doubt Hunter will ever play the 4. We have Morgan, Davis, Smith, Thompson, and Forrester for the 4-5. Hunter will primarily be a 3 with some time at the 2 as well. My guess is he’ll be more of a 2 his sophomore year after Romeo leaves.

We do this type of stuff every year lol.. he'll play some 4. 6'7.. long athletic and he'll create match up problems. The 4 offensively when he's playing will still be on the perimeter... just defensively he'll guard the team's second tallest player.

59 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Don't forget about Clifton Moore. 

Indpls. Star -

South Bend Riley 81, Pickerington North 75:  Class 4A third-ranked South Bend Riley won a wild game in overtime, rallying from a six-point deficit in the final minute of regulation.

In a matchup of Indiana recruits Jerome Hunter (Pickerington North) and Damezi Anderson (South Bend Riley), the Wildcats built a nine-point lead in the third quarter just to see it melt away. But Anderson helped Riley rally with two late 3-pointers.

Hunter fouled out in overtime and then was told to leave the floor altogether after questioning the call. The 6-7 Hunter finished with 21 points. Anderson led Riley with 23 points and Shamar Dillard added 20.

IndianaSportsCoverage - 

Jerome Hunter and his Pickerington North squad made the trip from Ohio to Indiana last weekend so they could play in the FORUM Tip-Off Classic.

Pickerington North fell to South Bend Riley by a score of 81-75, but Hunter showed why he will be playing at IU next season as he finished with 21 points in the contest.

Hunter hit some tough jump shots and showed the ability to take defenders the bounce and finish at the rim. Hunter has a very high ceiling, and I feel he is only going to get better as he prepares to play at IU.

Archie Miller and his staff already have Hunter working on some things to prepare himself for the collegiate level.

“They tell me to just work on my IQ as well as becoming more of a guard, because that’s the position I’m mostly going to play in college,” said Hunter.

Hunter was able to go head to head with a very good South Bend Riley team that is led by fellow IU commit Damezi Anderson.

“There was two top-level teams out there tonight. I had my Indiana teammate over there, and I think playing against them made us a better team,” said Hunter. “That was my first time seeing him play, but he showed me why he is coming to IU and I can’t wait to be his teammate next year.”

The trip to the FORUM Tip-Off Classic offered Hunter a taste of what it will be like to play in front of the Indiana faithful next season.

“The crowd was great. When I came in, a lot of people said, ‘Hi, Jerome, welcome to IU, Jerome,’ and it was a great experience playing here,” said Hunter. “It was just really cool that the fans showed me all that love because I’m committed to IU.”

Hunter said that Indiana just felt like a special place when he visited campus during the summer.

“I liked how Indiana was a basketball state. When I went to campus, I loved it, and I never felt that way on any other campus I went to,” said Hunter. “The fans were great and always showed me love every time I came down.”

Archie Miller had been recruiting Hunter when he was the coach at Dayton, and Hunter said he took note of that.

“When Archie was at Dayton, he offered me a scholarship. Then he went to Indiana and he still came out to watch me and kept talking to me, and that meant a lot to me,” said Hunter.

I’m telling you guys, he’s going to be an awesome 2 guard for us in the future. I’m not as concerned if romeo doesn’t come because that will allow him more time to grow at the position and blossom his sophomore year.