Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2018) SF - Jerome Hunter to IU

2 hours ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Sam Story at it again. Mentions he is fully confident for Jerome's abilities next season.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Wonder where he's getting this. It makes sense that at this point, Hunter would redshirt. But I haven't seen this anywhere else. 

3 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Kinda wondered this. Somebody said if he was on Heparin for clots he would never be cleared. 

Best of luck to the young man. Can’t wait to see him suit up for the Hoosiers.

I believe they only do Heparin in the hospital, not sure they give that out of the hospital.  If he's on Coumadin (Warfarin) I don't see how he would be cleared to play.  Depending on the condition, he could come off of blood thinners after so many months, and possibly still have a career.  I initially did 6-8 months of Coumadin before being taken off of it.

Kinda wondered this. Somebody said if he was on Heparin for clots he would never be cleared. 

Best of luck to the young man. Can’t wait to see him suit up for the Hoosiers.

Any anticoagulant, really. And Aloha is correct, heparin is inpatient use most of the time. Either way they don't mix well with big boy sports. I hope they can put him on any of the newer ones. I've never been on it, but I've had to deal with folks' complications from Coumadin and that medication can be an s.o.b. more times than not. I'm sure Aloha can attest to that.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

12 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Any anticoagulant, really. And Aloha is correct, heparin is inpatient use most of the time. Either way they don't mix well with big boy sports. I hope they can put him on any of the newer ones. I've never been on it, but I've had to deal with folks' complications from Coumadin and that medication can be an s.o.b. more times than not. I'm sure Aloha can attest to that.

Yeah I can’t imagine the geyser that would occur if you got popped in the nose while on one of those. I got popped once and it was a fountain and I wasn’t on anything 

Yeah I can’t imagine the geyser that would occur if you got popped in the nose while on one of those. I got popped once and it was a fountain and I wasn’t on anything 

Long story short, I stopped a surfboard with my head shortly after stopping Coumadin (I typically stopped taking it about 4 days before I knew I would be surfing, not recommended). I was slightly above a normal level and bled everywhere. The docs at the ER were ticked I wasn’t taking it but if my INR level would have been between the recommended range I would have bled out before ever reaching shore.

Hunter would have access to doctors and staff who could drop his INR level quickly ( vitamin K) to get the bleeding to stop. However, the amount of bruising and possible internal bleeding that would occur from playing basketball at the college level while on blood thinners wouldn’t be worth the risk. I don’t know any doctor that would sign off on something like that.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

4 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

Wonder where he's getting this. It makes sense that at this point, Hunter would redshirt. But I haven't seen this anywhere else. 

Somebody on FB said Fisch mentioned Hunter redshirting on the Louisville pregame? Dunno I havent heard it anywhere else.

Feel bad for Jerome. So we think he had a procedure to remove a clot and is now on meds for however long? ....hoping for a full and quick recovery. 

Mid- JANUARY for Race?!? I know concussions are serious, but 2 months is a really long time, he must have bashed his skull. 

20 hours ago, Old Friend said:

Jerome Hunter is a very good player who will surprise a lot of people.

At this point Hunter will surprise me if he ever plays.  Do we know yet if he is even going to be allowed to play?  The Jerome Hunter story is possibly the worst of all of the bad IU basketball news stories of last year imo.

Just now, chicagoHOOSIER said:

At this point Hunter will surprise me if he ever plays.  Do we know yet if he is even going to be allowed to play?  The Jerome Hunter story is possibly the worst of all of the bad IU basketball news stories of last year imo.

From what I have heard he can do everything but contact. Which would seem to indicate he’s still on blood thinners. 

Upside is his conditioning and knowledge of the offense will be there. 

It does seem like he may never play again. Who knows though.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Does anyone have enough Medical knowledge to know if he can ever come off of those?

Sure. If all things go well and he doesn’t clot (if that’s the issue he has) after he has been off of blood thinners for a period of time then yes.