Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2018) SF - Jerome Hunter to IU

6 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

IF the rumors are true, then quite possibly looking at a redshirt year.  I hate that for Jerome if that ends up being the case.

Yup for sure. I hope they aren’t true, but not looking good

Let's wait and see what the diagnosis and treatment plan are before we write Hunter off. Medical science can do wonderful things these days and a complete recovery is not out of the question. I would love to have him out there this season, but if this will be a lengthy process a red shirt year wouldn't be the worst thing. Hoping for the best for this talented young man.

Hunter underwent surgery on the leg Wednesday. Still without timetable and not many details on the extent of injury other than what was posted above. Very odd. 

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/indiana/2018/11/15/iu-basketball-freshman-jerome-hunter-out-indefinitely-after-surgery/2016844002/

Very odd Hunter must want to keep this to himself. 

Honestly it may have a lot to do with the uncertainty of what they would find when they went in. They may have ideas from the MRI but didn’t know the extent or the totality of the diagnosis until they opened him up and probably run tests once he starts recovering. If it were a straight muscle or ligament pull or tear they would know. By him going up to the Cleveland Clinic it tells me they needed above normal care.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

On 11/11/2018 at 11:49 AM, Feathery said:

Can’t be compartment syndrome. That’s a serious issue that would rapidly be diagnosed and fixed. 

I used to work with a guy that had blood flow issues to one leg that caused him problems. One leg was skinnier than the other, though he was a chiseled dude. Caused him some pain. I’m wondering if it’s similar to that. 

Tend to believe that this is the diagnosis now that he has had surgery. Can't see what else this could be. Especially since it has come out as a calf issue.