Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2018) SF - Jerome Hunter to IU

From Terry Hutchens - The Herald Bulletin

BLOOMINGTON — Two of the three Indiana players who missed the season opener against Chicago State — Al Durham and Race Thompson — played in Friday night's 80-35 victory over Montana State.

But freshman Jerome Hunter missed his second game in a row. And IU coach Archie Miller acted as if it might be a while before the forward sees the court.

“Jerome is on a to-be-determined basis,’’ Miller said. “He's going to be out probably for a significant stretch here as we continue to try and figure out and find ways to get his diagnosis done. We need to find out what the correct way of handling it is, and then see where the next step is.’’

Miller described Hunter’s injury as “sort of a leg injury.’’

“But it's not a typical leg injury that is an injury caused by practicing or something,’’ Miller said. “It's more of an underlying effect that's causing him some pain. When we get all the answers, he'll be evaluated and decided on. As of right now, though, Jerome will be out for a to-be-determined amount of time.’’

Super duper odd. Little red flags are going up but sometimes I’m just a conspiracy theorist.

So, don’t mind me.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I'm with you...something is off here. I was at the game last night and while the team was finished with warm ups Jerome was out there walking around in sweats and looked just fine and shot (and hit) a couple threes...hope it is nothing too serious whatever it may be though.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I'm with you...something is off here. I was at the game last night and while the team was finished with warm ups Jerome was out there walking around in sweats and looked just fine and shot (and hit) a couple threes...hope it is nothing too serious whatever it may be though.

23 hours ago, jbell833 said:

Bingo. Hunter went from winning gold jersey one day to out with an underlying issue? A sprained ankle makes sense - he was playing great and boom - rolled his ankle. An underlying issue makes much less sense - in this scenario you have to believe Hunter was playing at gold jersey level while dealing with severe enough leg pain that he is now going to be out months.

I’m very concerned this is either an eligibility issue or a behavioral issue. 

Bingo. Hunter went from winning gold jersey one day to out with an underlying issue? A sprained ankle makes sense - he was playing great and boom - rolled his ankle. An underlying issue makes much less sense - in this scenario you have to believe Hunter was playing at gold jersey level while dealing with severe enough leg pain that he is now going to be out months.
I’m very concerned this is either an eligibility issue or a behavioral issue. 
I dont think they would mention a underlying leg injury that specific if were was some other reason. Why blatantly lie

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

I dont think they would mention a underlying leg injury that specific if were was some other reason. Why blatantly lie

I hope you're right and I get thrown in the loony bin. I have no inside information, but this definitely crossed my mind and then I come on here and see it crossed other people's minds and I am definitely concerned.

I hope you're right and I get thrown in the loony bin. I have no inside information, but this definitely crossed my mind and then I come on here and see it crossed other people's minds and I am definitely concerned.
I am concerned also and it is definitely possible but why make up a injury lie. Seems a bit far to name a specific leg injury if it has nothing to do with it

Can’t be compartment syndrome. That’s a serious issue that would rapidly be diagnosed and fixed. 

I used to work with a guy that had blood flow issues to one leg that caused him problems. One leg was skinnier than the other, though he was a chiseled dude. Caused him some pain. I’m wondering if it’s similar to that. 

Point #1:  They're specifying it's a leg injury; not an ankle and not a knee.  Not sure if that really means anything or not, but basketball injuries are usually reported in fairly specific terms, i.e., ankle, knee, shoulder, etc.   
Point #2:  I don't think Archie would pull any punches if it was an eligibility or a behavioral issue.
Point #3:  I don't think Archie is one to deliberately mislead the fanbase.  
Quit with the logic

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Come on guys, everybody knows he got bit in the leg by a freshman chica!

My speculation is she’s prolly from New York!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Atleast we know she wasn’t from Kentucky or they would’ve announced he had rabies.