Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2018) SF - Jerome Hunter to IU

I have to wonder if Jerome is quietly motivated to shine now that he's out of his (former) teammate's shadow.  Hopefully it will be like the Bracey Wright/ Deron Williams  scenario (with us benefiting this time).

I hope part of that shooting regimen includes time spent at the FT line - this past season showed how much poor FT shooting can turn W's into L's.

7 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

I have to wonder if Jerome is quietly motivated to shine now that he's out of his (former) teammate's shadow.  Hopefully it will be like the Bracey Wright/ Deron Williams  scenario (with us benefiting this time).

I hope part of that shooting regimen includes time spent at the FT line - this past season showed how much poor FT shooting can turn W's into L's.

who is the teammate he played with?

11 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

I think you're thinking of Jake Forrester, playing at Westtown with Cam Reddish.  Jerome here played in no one's shadow, and was a finalist for Ohio Mr. Basketball (lost to UA's Dane Goodwin, decommit from OSU, now Notre Dame).

Jerome does have length.  The guy looks like an NBA player.  He creates a real matchup issue out there, as he's really an inside player that's 100% committed to becoming a perimeter/ball handler type.  Have to imagine he and Archie will work to create some mismatches out there.  

I can't wait to get these guys on campus, start working with Clif and the rest of the team.

Damn (facepalm).  You are correct about the teammate thing.  Maybe the best recovery would be to say that he (Hunter) has been overlooked because of Bazley and that could be a motivator.

13 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I have no idea how that could be taken as me being an a**, but yeah... it was a question. 

I'll accept that.  I made an error, confusing that Bazley was not on Hunter's team but Reddish probably did steal the spotlight from Forrester - as Stromboli corrected me above.

As stated, I'll accept that it was an honest question.  Just wondered if it was a little bit of "piling on" after Stromboli had already corrected my error (and you liked his post, no less).

29 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

I'll accept that.  I made an error, confusing that Bazley was not on Hunter's team but Reddish probably did steal the spotlight from Forrester - as Stromboli corrected me above.

As stated, I'll accept that it was an honest question.  Just wondered if it was a little bit of "piling on" after Stromboli had already corrected my error (and you liked his post, no less).

You don't have to accept anything. I told you it was a question.. and I didn't see his post when I asked my question.. i liked his post because it made sense. Geeze. 

40 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

I seem to remember some people expecting Hunter to eventually move to a SG role. Is that hopeful conjecture or do his skills justify that? 

I think it's a developmental goal. I don't believe he is a good enough ball handler to play a guard spot in the BIG right now. Ed Schilling will have his work cut out for him.

I seem to remember some people expecting Hunter to eventually move to a SG role. Is that hopeful conjecture or do his skills justify that? 

I believe it was both Anderson and Hunter that we're talking about developing into SG. They'll both play the wing. The more they develop their handles the more likely they'll play the smaller wing spots.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

19 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

I read an interview a while back where Jerome said Archie told him he'll play SF.

2 hours ago, AKHoosier said:

I read an interview a while back where Jerome said Archie told him he'll play SF.

Brian Snow said recently that Archie sees him developing into a 2 guard

Starting to worry about this “underlying” injury that Jerome has. Went from hearing he earned the gold jersey in practice to hearing he has a non-basketball related injury the next day.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

7 minutes ago, akinnaird24 said:

Starting to worry about this “underlying” injury that Jerome has. Went from hearing he earned the gold jersey in practice to hearing he has a non-basketball related injury the next day.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Don't like hearing that. Not even diagnosed yet. I thought coming into the season that Hunter would be an important piece. I wonder, if this drags on for significant time, if a red shirt might be used.