Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2018) SF - Jerome Hunter to IU

21 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

He singled him out because he is the most worthy pro player on the roster at this time. He could play professionally if he wants. Not every player on our roster can play professionally.

If we are talking transfer candidates, other players could be discussed.

Please refrain from the name calling and censor side-stepping and have the argument civilly.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

First of all, my original question was "why would Morgan leave?" which is hardly against any civil policy.  You can also ask people to respond without being "reason for censor side stepping."   Calling a spade a spade.  

Morgan is not at all the most worthy pro player on our roster at this time.  That would be Justin Smith.  Way more athletic and a bigger pro-style body.   Morgan wasn't on anyone's radar 9 weeks ago.   

Yes.  Any player on our roster can play professionally somewhere if they want to.  Have you seen some of the leagues in foreign countries?  There are mediocre high school players who could make some of those teams.  There are 10-12 professional teams in every country in Europe, and more than that in Asia.    There's another 16 year old 6'2" guard named Coco Nazareno from Albania playing in Lithuania.  I would bet anything I have he's not a better player than anyone on our roster.

Which is why I asked....why would Morgan leave?  (above anyone else)  It was a legitimate and reasonable question unless you want to spin it otherwise.

But to me for the sake of Hunter, I see Hunter playing mostly the 3 and Morgan playing mostly the 4 so regardless, imo, Morgans decision won't impact Hunter as much.

IF IF IF...... Morgan were to leave, I could see Justin Smith sliding to the 4 or Race Thompson in that spot and still see Hunter as a likely starter at the 3 early in his career if he can limit turnovers.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

First of all, my original question was "why would Morgan leave?" which is hardly against any civil policy.  You can also ask people to respond without being "reason for censor side stepping."   Calling a spade a spade.  
Morgan is not at all the most worthy pro player on our roster at this time.  That would be Justin Smith.  Way more athletic and a bigger pro-style body.   Morgan wasn't on anyone's radar 9 weeks ago.   
Yes.  Any player on our roster can play professionally somewhere if they want to.  Have you seen some of the leagues in foreign countries?  There are mediocre high school players who could make some of those teams.  There are 10-12 professional teams in every country in Europe, and more than that in Asia.    There's another 16 year old 6'2" guard named Coco Nazareno from Albania playing in Lithuania.  I would bet anything I have he's not a better player than anyone on our roster.
Which is why I asked....why would Morgan leave?  (above anyone else)  It was a legitimate and reasonable question unless you want to spin it otherwise.

Ok. That's all fine but I didn't see his reply as condescending at all. Am I wrong?

ac90cf0d8459fca1a8d04bab5ab8b8f1.jpg

53 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I find it hard to believe Juwan is gone after this season

He could go but he won't be drafted.  It's important to keep in mind that he's actually 6 months younger than Davis even though he's a class ahead which is actually a good thing.  He's basically a sophomore in age.

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Ok. That's all fine but I didn't see his reply as condescending at all. Am I wrong?

ac90cf0d8459fca1a8d04bab5ab8b8f1.jpg

Open to interpretation, but given his history with me, I thought so.  Was there a point to the first sentence other than to condescend?  I responded in kind.  You think it was unwarranted.  I disagree. Over.

Can someone explain to me how Jerome dropped to 62 in the latest espn 100?

Jeff Borzello, Adam finklestein, and Paul biancardi evaluation or opinion of him over the summer and through high school felt he should drop or maybe some others in their evaluations moved up. Just a snap shot opinion of one service. Small piece of the puzzle. He has shown he has he potential and skills enough to contribute day 1 for me personally

Final
Pickerington North
‘21 Jack Sawyer 16pts 4rebs 1blk
‘18 Jerome Hunter 15pts 3rebs 2A 3stls 1blk
‘18 Ty Wiley 16pts 2rebs 2stls
‘18 Corey Baker 9pts 3rebs 1stl

Gahanna
‘19 Josh Corbin 8pts 2rebs 5A 2stls
‘18 Nate Ward 10pts 1blk
‘18 Mike Reeves 11pts 2rebs 1blk

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners