Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2018) SF - Jerome Hunter to IU

1 hour ago, BtownBanner6 said:

I don’t have an Athletic subscription but apparently there’s a story that has Archie saying Jerome Hunter and Devonte will be key to our improved shooting this year. Archie seems to be confident Jerome will be a contributing 

If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter! 

I'm expecting Hunter to play but brought along carefully. I think it's safe to say IU has a very cautious athletic training staff. 

19 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter! 

I'm expecting Hunter to play but brought along carefully. I think it's safe to say IU has a very cautious athletic training staff. 

Good point. Last year half the team seemed to be in concussion protocol and our shoe contract should be with the infamous boot manufacturer. 

Obviously, Jerome’s injury is much more serious and I’m not suggesting he hasn’t received and continue to receive the best medical care possible. I’m rooting for you!

Edited by schoosier
Wanted to add more about Jerome.

I just want the kid to play. He looked like an aggressive offensive player at Hoosier Hysteria last year which was a good sign. But after being out a year and maybe longer from legitimate gameplay, I won’t put large expectations on his return outside of a few points per game until he gets his feet wet. It may not be until his second season playing that he finally flourishes. 

I just want the kid to play. He looked like an aggressive offensive player at Hoosier Hysteria last year which was a good sign. But after being out a year and maybe longer from legitimate gameplay, I won’t put large expectations on his return outside of a few points per game until he gets his feet wet. It may not be until his second season playing that he finally flourishes. 

If he’s healthy I have moderate expectations for the beginning of the season but by the B1G season I expect him to be contributing a good amount and regularly just based on his talent level.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, RatpigHoosier said:

If he’s healthy I have moderate expectations for the beginning of the season but by the B1G season I expect him to be contributing a good amount and regularly just based on his talent level.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

He’s a talented kid. And a fully healthy and engaged Hunter is going to help a team that is going to struggle offensively. But if the blood clot rumors were true, it will have to be closely monitored for the rest of his playing career. Chris Bosh was older, but yet it is still something that can end your career like it did his. And that’s definitely not something I want to see for him. 

Little premature to make Chris Bosh comparisons without knowing what was / is wrong with him, however I do agree with the sentiment.  If I may put some of the worries to rest :  Indiana University has some of the finest cardiologists, pulmonologists, and veinous surgeons in the world working for its healthcare system; and Dr. RInk (even as little as he's involved now) would never allow a player to be cleared if he were in danger.   I'm assuming for now that he's healthy enough to play, and if he's healthy enough to play, there should be no restrictions on him because playing 15 minutes is no better than playing 30.   And...this kid's good.  REALLY good.    Between he and Franklin, I'm very confident in the "wing/slasher/shooter/athletes" we have at that position, no matter how Archie decides to use them.  

If it ends up that he's NOT fully cleared by November, then of course you have to start assuming his role will be greatly diminished.   

15 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

He’s a talented kid. And a fully healthy and engaged Hunter is going to help a team that is going to struggle offensively. But if the blood clot rumors were true, it will have to be closely monitored for the rest of his playing career. Chris Bosh was older, but yet it is still something that can end your career like it did his. And that’s definitely not something I want to see for him. 

I am almost certain it is indeed blood clots as has been rumored. Cannot say that with 100% certainty but from what I heard I am reasonably sure (75-80%) that is accurate.