Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2018) SF - Jerome Hunter to IU

15 hours ago, patrickmorriso9 said:

IMG_7902.jpg
No idea how credible this is but thought I might as well share it

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Twitter account is certainly credible. Brockway writes for the same papers Hutchens did and replaced him.

Not sure if IU is telling the truth but reporter and this account legit and credible. 

He has been cleared to do everything but play games. Drills, workouts, and open gym scrimmages he is cleared for. Gut feeling is that is because there aren’t any games for a couple months and it’s the doctors way of saying he is working up to game shape.

From everything I’ve seen and read, it seems it will be a “do what you can” and then he’ll be closely monitored. I don’t think he’s “in the clear” just yet. It’ll all depend on how his body responds to different situations.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, Honkyman said:

It's pretty clear Archie intends to be careful with Hunter and to bring him along slowly. His playing time will be limited at first. He definitely won't be starting at the beginning of the year.

That's how I suspect it play out as well.  Hunter will get more PT as the doctors and trainers allow (info we may never be privy to).

7 hours ago, Fkfootball1 said:

I dong care if he only plays 10 minutes a game. We will take what we can get. He’d come in and hit a few shots.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Don't you wish autocorrect also caught those darn Freudian slips?

3 minutes ago, MoyeNeeded said:

If he has been running pickup games throughout the summer, I bet that he is farther along than what we may be told. Maybe CAM is tempering expectations somewhat. He knows that the fanbase was expecting big things from Hunter.

Hopefully in these games he hasn't been wearing a red (don't hit me) QB jersey.

If he has been running pickup games throughout the summer, I bet that he is farther along than what we may be told. Maybe CAM is tempering expectations somewhat. He knows that the fanbase was expecting big things from Hunter.

I think the biggest risk is that the condition returns so hopefully that is the reason for the caution.

8 hours ago, MoyeNeeded said:

My COMPLETELY uninformed guess is that he is ready. Of course they'll bring him along slowly, but the kid wants to play and the doctors have already said he's cleared to run in "pickup games", which I read as scrimmages.  If a kid can scrimmage, then why couldn't he play?

The big question is whether he's ready to play at the level everyone has expected from him when he came to Bloomington.  I think that will be more on his mental state than anything, based on the fact he is cleared to play pickup.  

Again, though, I know absolutely nothing.  This is all hopeful observations and logic speaking.

I REALLY  hope to see a healthy Jerome Hunter wearing an IU uniform AND playing on the court this season. IU's great radio host, who has seen a whole lot of super players come through Bloomington in his day, mentioned on multiple occasions that this kid was the second best player on the court last year prior to his setback.  I'm spiritual but not religious, so someone with prayers on their side, please throw them up north...for Jerome's sake.

11 hours ago, ray said:

My COMPLETELY uninformed guess is that he is ready. Of course they'll bring him along slowly, but the kid wants to play and the doctors have already said he's cleared to run in "pickup games", which I read as scrimmages.  If a kid can scrimmage, then why couldn't he play?

The big question is whether he's ready to play at the level everyone has expected from him when he came to Bloomington.  I think that will be more on his mental state than anything, based on the fact he is cleared to play pickup.  

Again, though, I know absolutely nothing.  This is all hopeful observations and logic speaking.

I REALLY  hope to see a healthy Jerome Hunter wearing an IU uniform AND playing on the court this season. IU's great radio host, who has seen a whole lot of super players come through Bloomington in his day, mentioned on multiple occasions that this kid was the second best player on the court last year prior to his setback.  I'm spiritual but not religious, so someone with prayers on their side, please throw them up north...for Jerome's sake.

Though red-shirted last season, he has had ample opportunity to work on his shooting touch while recovering from his injury. Hope this is reflective in percentages. But, with moving the 3pt line, all bet off.

6 minutes ago, MoyeNeeded said:

Though red-shirted last season, he has had ample opportunity to work on his shooting touch while recovering from his injury. Hope this is reflective in percentages. But, with moving the 3pt line, all bet off.

I bet people knew that was coming 

5 minutes ago, mamasa said:

Begone troll

come on now take it easy.  this is not really as big as it may seem right now.  this is very small.  I think I am allowed to employ sarcasm, even in early posts, in an attempt to coax a smile.  be nice.

Edited by YouMightActuallyKnowMe