Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2018) SF - Jerome Hunter to IU

It's possible he had CS( common enough for athletes) which the surgery to fix could of caused a DVT or even the being immobile while healing from the surgery. 
Would explain why he has been out of commission for awhile

Quite possible but, most likely, there would be a reason besides just immobility post surgery. He could have Factor V Leiden, Lupus Anticoagulation (from medicine?), or something else that would cause him to clot while recovery from the surgery.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

The blood clots of deep vein thrombosis can be caused by anything that prevents your blood from circulating or clotting normally, such as injury to a vein, surgery, certain medications and limited movement.

i can't get the font change and I'm just exhausted at fighting this website so I'm leaving it.  That's from mayo. If he had surgery for CS any one of those could be the culprit. 

The blood clots of deep vein thrombosis can be caused by anything that prevents your blood from circulating or clotting normally, such as injury to a vein, surgery, certain medications and limited movement.

i can't get the font change and I'm just exhausted at fighting this website so I'm leaving it.  That's from mayo. If he had surgery for CS any one of those could be the culprit. 

Absolutely, but I have a difficult time seeing an above average teen clotting after surgery without an underlying issue. I can’t imagine him being laid up for that long but I could definitely be wrong.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

On 4/25/2019 at 12:58 PM, Hornsby said:

It does seem like he may never play again. Who knows though.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

That would be such a disappointment.  On the prayer list for sure.

23 hours ago, Old Friend said:

I 100% believe based on what I know he'll play.   What he had (or so I've been told) is a complication, not a condition.  I've been in medical sales for over 20 years, but never in that exact field.  Have tickled it and been exposed to it just enough to believe he's ultimately going to be just fine.  I'd bet on him playing; and I believe he'll be ready for the start of next season.

Thanks.  Appreciate the info.  It has been a long wait to see him show what he's got in an IU jersey, and it seems from what I have heard, he could be the kind of guy who could almost immediately jump in, and possibly even win a starting job.  Hoping and praying for the best for him, and for IU.  Would love to finally hear some good news.

On 4/26/2019 at 7:52 AM, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Am I wrong that I heard compartment syndrome could have been the problem?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

That’s what I’ve heard for some time now.

2 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Link to an article if Hunter will play. I don’t see the tweet or whatever unless I quote it. I believe this has been happening for the last few years for some posters.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yeah I have the app but I never use it, always having issues. Site usually runs fairly flawlessly on my PC although I know that doesn't help the mobile users.

3 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Link to an article if Hunter will play. I don’t see the tweet or whatever unless I quote it. I believe this has been happening for the last few years for some posters.

It's an article on indystar.  Pretty much a rehash of what Archie said last month.  Sadly, there was nothing new to be optimistic about but it said they'd have a better handle around August.

On 6/15/2019 at 3:31 PM, pumpfake said:

It's an article on indystar.  Pretty much a rehash of what Archie said last month.  Sadly, there was nothing new to be optimistic about but it said they'd have a better handle around August.

Has anyone (Chris007) heard anything regarding Jerome's status?The last I heard it would be August and I'm getting antsy.

I know there was a mention of a Twitter feed a while back where he was looking for a pickup game in Ohio.That sounded positive and made me believe he would be cleared shortly thereafter.Probably just wishful thinking on my part.

27 minutes ago, Woodson1980 said:

Has anyone (Chris007) heard anything regarding Jerome's status?The last I heard it would be August and I'm getting antsy.

I know there was a mention of a Twitter feed a while back where he was looking for a pickup game in Ohio.That sounded positive and made me believe he would be cleared shortly thereafter.Probably just wishful thinking on my part.

Sam Story has some tweet alluding to Hunter, but nothing specific nor any hints.  You'd think something would have come out by now, but nothing one way or the other.

31 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

Sam Story has some tweet alluding to Hunter, but nothing specific nor any hints.  You'd think something would have come out by now, but nothing one way or the other.

Guess he doesn't want to disclose too much afraid that he may give up his supposed sources.

Would love to see this kid healthy enough to get after it. Awesome skillset. Loved the way he played against Romeo in that scrimmage.

Plus he would motivate Justin Smith to play harder/better.

Such an odd scenario though here with Jerome.

We have spies at the airport but can’t get into the gym to see if he is going through all the same drills as his teammates?

He was in July according to his Instagram. At least that’s what the images appeared to show. Hell the workouts in April he was doing if he was still limited I would hate to see it when they release him. I would be really surprised at this point if he wasn’t 100% go.

Edit: I think the thing is they ramp him up to see how his body reacts. That’s really the only hurdle left as far as I knew.