Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2018) SF - Jerome Hunter to IU

I think the wording is what is interesting here. Instead of calling it a leg injury they are calling it a leg condition. Not sure if that’s just how Archie describes it or if it’s something else

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

14 minutes ago, Hoosier1984 said:

I think the wording is what is interesting here. Instead of calling it a leg injury they are calling it a leg condition. Not sure if that’s just how Archie describes it or if it’s something else

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Blood clot possibly? Would not be an injury. The "condition" could be DVT. Seems unlikely though

Blood clot possibly? Would not be an injury. The "condition" could be DVT. Seems unlikely though

Highly doubt it's a blood clot. He would have been in the hospital for a bit on heparin to "break up" the clot. I doubt a highly active 18-19 year old athlete would suddenly clot without something seriously wrong. The condition would be Factor V Leiden or Lupus Anticoagulant resulting in a higher probability of clotting. However, there would need to be another factor to cause him to clot; at altitude in terrible airline seats, sick or down with an injury immobile for a significant amount of time, etc.

With that, a little PSA, move around while traveling a long distance especially on a commercial flight. The seats push right into your thigh, slowing your blood flow, and increases your chances of an DVT.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Highly doubt it's a blood clot. He would have been in the hospital for a bit on heparin to "break up" the clot. I doubt a highly active 18-19 year old athlete would suddenly clot without something seriously wrong. The condition would be Factor V Leiden or Lupus Anticoagulant resulting in a higher probability of clotting. However, there would need to be another factor to cause him to clot; at altitude in terrible airline seats, sick or down with an injury immobile for a significant amount of time, etc.

With that, a little PSA, move around while traveling a long distance especially on a commercial flight. The seats push right into your thigh, slowing your blood flow, and increases your chances of an DVT.

I am sure btownstenghth was just guessing based on what we have to go on. A leg injury of some kind do to a underlying condition but not from playing or practicing or anything like that . You sound very knowledgeable so i pose the question to give us your best guess?

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

I am sure btownstenghth was just guessing based on what we have to go on. A leg injury of some kind do to a underlying condition but not from playing or practicing or anything like that . You sound very knowledgeable so i pose the question to give us your best guess?

I'm knowledgeable on blood clots and a few conditions causing blood clots. If he clotted at 18-19 as an athlete I believe the condition would be serious enough that he'd never return to basketball due to needing lifelong anticoagulation. I doubt this is the case.

I would be guessing without a lot more information. If it were blood clots they would run an ultrasound (for DVTs) or CT scans (for PEs) and know immediately he clotted. They would also be able to do blood work and find out if he has any blood disorders in a few days.

I'm knowledgeable on blood clots and a few conditions causing blood clots. If he clotted at 18-19 as an athlete I believe the condition would be serious enough that he'd never return to basketball due to needing lifelong anticoagulation. I doubt this is the case.

I would be guessing without a lot more information. If it were blood clots they would run an ultrasound (for DVTs) or CT scans (for PEs) and know immediately he clotted. They would also be able to do blood work and find out if he has any blood disorders in a few days.

Thanks for the reply. Just praying this young man can get back on the court soon where he belongs.

I don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere yet, but does anyone know why Hunter and Thompson weren't even on the bench with the team for last night's game? Just seems odd

Well Thompson had a concussion. The nausea and pounding headaches probably are the reason there. Hunter was getting tests done. Coach said so in his postgame interview.