Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2018) SF - Jerome Hunter to IU

26 minutes ago, Demo said:

I know it's a glorified open gym, but, damn, are those some painful defensive fundamentals.

Exactly, part of my competitive motivation would be slapping the ball back in Bazely's face!

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yeah. Both are great players. I can see why Bazley is ranked so highly though.

Agree on the defensive efforts. That'll need improving.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

IMO, one of the biggest problems with AAU ball is there's virtually no emphasis placed on defense it's all about showcasing your offensive moves.

IMO, one of the biggest problems with AAU ball is there's virtually no emphasis placed on defense it's all about showcasing your offensive moves.

Agree. Where is pride of not letting "your guy" score on you? I don't get that.

Granted, a few of those moves in the video are nearly indefensible but.......

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

8 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Interesting comment by CAM on his radio show basically saying down the road he wants hunter and Anderson to develop into this big physical guards

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

That makes me salivate. The size/wingspan alone for guards would be intimidating. 

I think I see where Archie is going with the pack line. Get a couple long, physical guards out there and things should look much better. I can't wait to see what his system looks like once he gets his own guys in it. 

I can see where CAM is going with this. It's the way of basketball these days. Phinisee can pressure the ball. Hunter and Anderson can use their length and quickness in the pack line to shade towards the paint but be able to get out to shooters.

I believe we'll see with Moore, Thompson, Forrester, and some of the 2019 recruits being used in the 3-4 spots. The 2-3 will be used for the 6-4 to 6-7 wings like Hunter, Anderson, and Smith. This will give CAM options for lineups.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app