Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Capt. Crimson

IUBB Offseason Topic

Matt Norlander preseason rankings

75. Indiana Hoosiers
Archie Miller takes over for Tom Crean here, and the roster's a hodgepodge. Miller's a really good coach. I don't know what to make of this squad this season. This is my best guess. Robert Johnson's going to have a hefty usage rate.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I'm not familiar with this individual. Does he have much credibility? I take little stock in pre season rankings but I still like to know a little about the author.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I'm not familiar with this individual. Does he have much credibility? I take little stock in pre season rankings but I still like to know a little about the author.

He works for CBS and does a college basketball podcast (Eye on College Basketball) with Gary Parrish.

I actually really like him on the podcast and is pretty well respected as far as I know. I do think he's a bit low on IU here, but can't blame him too much considering the dumpster fire that was IU last season.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BtownBanners mobile app

He works for CBS and does a college basketball podcast (Eye on College Basketball) with Gary Parrish.

I actually really like him on the podcast and is pretty well respected as far as I know. I do think he's a bit low on IU here, but can't blame him too much considering the dumpster fire that was IU last season.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BtownBanners mobile app

Ok, thanks for the info. I knew as far as his affiliation with CBS and that was it.

I just bought my tickets for the exhibition on Saturday ($6 each!), and I plan on buying some for the other exhibition and the Indiana State game too. I want to get closer to their dates so the prices go down. Can't wait to get this season started! 

I really don't get the media's take that we lack talent. We lost a couple guys but the cupboard is far from bare. We have senior leadership and talented young guys. I think a lot of people are going to be surprised. 

I think it’s more of the unproven and unknown of the players on roster. We all know as IU fans, talent wise. We’re actually in pretty good shape. IMO, worse case, we finish in this top75-80 window as predicted above. But I’m optimistic. This has to be CAMs top talented team as a head coach and we all know what he’s been able to accomplish with ALOT less. Anyone else agree?

27 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

I think it’s more of the unproven and unknown of the players on roster. We all know as IU fans, talent wise. We’re actually in pretty good shape. IMO, worse case, we finish in this top75-80 window as predicted above. But I’m optimistic. This has to be CAMs top talented team as a head coach and we all know what he’s been able to accomplish with ALOT less. Anyone else agree?

I agree, but would bet he had more time with his more successful teams.  I think time to learn his system is the biggest challenge at this point.  Maybe it won't matter, but only time will tell.

25 minutes ago, Str8Hoosiers said:

Here is the 1 I got, it is big, has faces, and schedule

IU Schedule.jpg

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Hmm. I want that one

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Wayne has complimented your poster. By the customs of our lands you must either give it to him or curse his house with evil spirits. Hail Hoosier!

On 10/25/2017 at 2:51 PM, Blackmon_for_3 said:

Wisconsin has been winning with guys we never heard of for 20 years so I pay little attention to what the nationals writers think about Indiana

Doesn't it feel good to think we might have a chance to finally beat Wisconsin now that we have Archie!

14 hours ago, Crimson and Cream said:

Haven't seen that one, where'd you find it?

That's located in the varsity shop at Asssembly Hall. 

I grabbed at least 10 of them and gave them out to people I knew, I would've grabbed more if I Had known others needed some!