Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Capt. Crimson

IUBB Offseason Topic

16 minutes ago, VO5 said:

I think by next year he’ll be really, really good. Has all the talent to be a star, just needs to put it all together mentally.

Definitely. He plays with an edge which I like.   He has a swagger and a 'never back down' mentality that I think will be contagious for the rest of the team. Archie just need to reel him in a little bit and get him to focus a little less on flashy plays and we'll be good. 

Saw a bunch of terrible shots last night. Fingers crossed we can find what we can do well on the offensive end. Or hopefully it was first night jitters.

I also think missing Newkirk and Hartman had an impact. We looked like a 9/14 BIG team last night.

NOTE- im not judging this teams potential on that little scrimmage. Just saying last night didn't show a well oiled machine. Glimpses of great plays here and there.

I'm going to next weekends exhibition game. Taking the family. Super excited about it.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Some cringe worthy shooting for sure.CuJo takes some really ill advised shots.Pretty sure it'll be pine time if they go up when it counts.
Josh needs to be running the point with Devonte sharing time there and with Robert at the 2.

Sent from my LGL41C using BtownBanners mobile app

The offense did not look good in the scrimmage at times, but from what I've read Archie is spending a lot of time on defense during practice. I did like the use of some off the ball screens and I think the offense will come in time. I''m interested to see how the defense looks early on, since it's a pretty big change in philosophy on the defensive end. When done right the pack line defense can make teams hate to play you. 

16 minutes ago, akinnaird24 said:

I see Devonte has that sleeve on. I know it's practice, but I'm curious to know how Archie is with the accessories (arm sleeves, headbands, etc.) in games. Feel like it has never been a thing here.

He wore it during Hoosier Hysteria too. I just checked out some pictures of his Dayton teams and there were some guys wearing shooting sleeves. 

Matt Norlander preseason rankings

75. Indiana Hoosiers
Archie Miller takes over for Tom Crean here, and the roster's a hodgepodge. Miller's a really good coach. I don't know what to make of this squad this season. This is my best guess. Robert Johnson's going to have a hefty usage rate.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I really don't get the media's take that we lack talent. We lost a couple guys but the cupboard is far from bare. We have senior leadership and talented young guys. I think a lot of people are going to be surprised.