Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Capt. Crimson

IUBB Offseason Topic

Damon Bailey at practice today and Rabjohns saying more former players are continuing to spend time around the program.  I know FCTC tried very hard to reach out to former players but it did seem to have fairly limited results.  

DLFH8lpW0AYDw-b.jpg&key=5384e89b0ad17fc20dae52016c253b2a61f8a73151816268e4896402c4c1c55f

Love this right here! Absolutely awesome to see Damon at practice. Seems like there is a vib happening and it is growing!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

The forgotten member of Indiana's sophomore class? Devonte Green. Could wind up alongside Josh Newkirk in dual combo guard attack. #iubb
Jon rothstein

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Wouldn't be shocked to see a starting lineup of Newkirk, Green, Johnson, Morgan, and Davis.

In a later tweet Rabjohns also mentioned Calbert spending more time in B'town.

I've heard things from a family member who works inside the athletic office about creans and Cheaney's relationship. So I'm not surprised to see he's back around program more

6 hours ago, HoosierD said:

Wouldn't be shocked to see a starting lineup of Newkirk, Green, Johnson, Morgan, and Davis.

I hope Green is improved enough to start. 

After all the promising things we have heard about Cujo would mean our guard rotation would be solid. 

And our Bench would probably be Cujo and Hartman knowing Archie's short rotations. 

With Al, Moore, Smith able to focus on getting better. And help out in case of injury or foul trouble  

And Priller and McSwain cheering from the sidelines. 

12 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

I hope Green is improved enough to start. 

After all the promising things we have heard about Cujo would mean our guard rotation would be solid. 

And our Bench would probably be Cujo and Hartman knowing Archie's short rotations. 

With Al, Moore, Smith able to focus on getting better. And help out in case of injury or foul trouble  

And Priller and McSwain cheering from the sidelines. 

I don't think the bench will be static throughout the year. I would totally expect the freshmen to get more PT as they get better and the year progresses. I could see Smith getting a fair amount of PT from the start, and Moore working his way into the rotation for a few minutes a game.

I know Arch has always used a short bench, but I really think at IU that will mean 8 or so players getting the bulk of the minutes and not that only 8 will play. I'd be willing to bet the days of hockey substitutions are over.

Kind of an out of the blue question but was Kevin Keatts ever considered for the coaching job? I lived in Wilmington while he was at UNCW and hoped that he might be considered if we weren't going to get Billy Donovan of Steve Alford.

Kind of an out of the blue question but was Kevin Keatts ever considered for the coaching job? I lived in Wilmington while he was at UNCW and hoped that he might be considered if we weren't going to get Billy Donovan of Steve Alford.

We will never know but it's my guess our list was.

1. Stevens
2. Donovan
3. Archie/or Alford. Hard to be sure if we had Alford over Archie or not.

Gossip made it seem like Alford wanted the gig and we went with Archie but we may never know.

11 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

It needs to be about winning and making winning plays. I think last year, Green was trying to get more playing time and forced some stuff trying to impress people.

To say the least, our offense last year often appeared to be pretty helter-skelter and maybe not all that surprising that he did try to force too much.  Offense under Archie will be far more structured and if he can adapt, and Archie's comments are encouraging, he could be a valuable contributor this season. 

11 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

"When focused" , is key though.

This is the part that makes me think CAM has NOT been overly impressed with Green so far. A little positive reinforcement PR spin on a focus issue, in my opinion. Doesn't publicly throw him under the bus, but if CAM has talked to Green about this before, it's a private reminder.

I brought his name up a couple of times.

Sent from my SM-G930V using BtownBanners mobile app