Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Capt. Crimson

IUBB Offseason Topic

Over the early summer concerns were expressed about Green and his ability to contribute given that we weren't hearing much about him.  Then, we started hearing more postive and upbeat comments.  The link is to an interesting article on how Archie tracks player practice performance and has implemented a gold jersey award.

"Miller handed out his first IU gold jersey last week to Devonte Green, a sophomore guard on the short list of players who have stood out among the rest during the preseason."

Maybe Green was just a little slower to buy into Archie's philosophy.

https://www.hoosiersportsreport.com/2017/10/under-miller-hoosiers-work-to-meet-gold-standard/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Over the early summer concerns were expressed about Green and his ability to contribute given that we weren't hearing much about him.  Then, we started hearing more postive and upbeat comments.  The link is to an interesting article on how Archie tracks player practice performance and has implemented a gold jersey award.

"Miller handed out his first IU gold jersey last week to Devonte Green, a sophomore guard on the short list of players who have stood out among the rest during the preseason."

Maybe Green was just a little slower to buy into Archie's philosophy.

https://www.hoosiersportsreport.com/2017/10/under-miller-hoosiers-work-to-meet-gold-standard/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

It could have simply been that Green didn't spend the summer in Bloomington. Over the summer, Archie seemed to mostly be talking about the guys that were there, which makes sense. Doesn't mean Green wasn't bought into the philosophy. 

As I mowed this morning, I was thinking about the roster. Lol.

Anyway, McRoberts. He was a regular rotation player for Crean last year. I highly doubt we see much of McRoberts, but he isn't a bad player overall.

Anyway, does he get more than mop up minutes for Archie?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Anyway, McRoberts. He was a regular rotation player for Crean last year. I highly doubt we see much of McRoberts, but he isn't a bad player overall.

I think Archie will get him more than mop up minutes, he is the kind of player I feel like Archie loves. Super hard working, does not beat his own team. We will see him.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

51 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

If he's more than a niche player, and I mean a small niche, than either health-wise or developmentally this season isn't going the way we want it to. Maybe early he gets some time. But if CH and JM stay healthy and Smith and Moore develop on schedule, I don't see where his minutes come from.

I agree. No problems with him on the court.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BtownBanners mobile app

Well................

Besides he can't/won't shoot the ball and his defender backs off of him and clogs the lane. Have to at least garner the opposition's respect.

Well................

Besides he can't/won't shoot the ball and his defender backs off of him and clogs the lane. Have to at least garner the opposition's respect.

He's fine as a 9th best player type role. Again, no issue with him getting mins.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BtownBanners mobile app

Saw a bunch of terrible shots last night. Fingers crossed we can find what we can do well on the offensive end. Or hopefully it was first night jitters.

I also think missing Newkirk and Hartman had an impact. We looked like a 9/14 BIG team last night.

NOTE- im not judging this teams potential on that little scrimmage. Just saying last night didn't show a well oiled machine. Glimpses of great plays here and there.

I'm going to next weekends exhibition game. Taking the family. Super excited about it.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Devonte Green is going to be a star. 

I think by next year he’ll be really, really good. Has all the talent to be a star, just needs to put it all together mentally.