Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2017) PG McKinley Wright to Colorado

The make-up of next year's roster has become a more closely guarded secret than what really happened in Area 51.  Got to believe CAM's got it all under control and nothing is going to blow up in his face in his first month on the IU job.  He clearly pressed Hartman to come back and sweet talked Durham into re-committing so..................

Patience Wayne patience.  Or in your case patients Wayne patients.   LOL

I totally agree it seems most strange but I'm confident CAM has it all under control and I'm expecting we're going to have the answers we're looking for early next week just as soon as he knows specifically what Smith and Moore intend to do.

41 minutes ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

3 star 6'0 guard. Why? IMO we need to focus on 2018, not 2017 kids who will be buried on the bench. We don't need more guards for this upcoming season. 

In his defense, he had better offers than Durham, is higher ranked, and fills a bigger need. But I agree, we don't need more guards.

Would have preferred him over Durham.

2 minutes ago, VO5 said:

In his defense, he had better offers than Durham, is higher ranked, and fills a bigger need. But I agree, we don't need more guards.

Would have preferred him over Durham.

I would be shocked if we took him, unless there is a reason we don't know about yet involving the current guys. 

Wright is a good kid to groom into a lead role but I would at least want to take a shot at Waters first. Heck why not Kostas. I know I am beating a dead horse in repeating this over and over, but DG can take the reigns next year and we may have Phinisee and Garland as well. I know Wright won't scare those two off, but seeing 3 maybe 4 guys is too much. Waters ruins Garland and Phinisee for us I assume and maybe that is why. Still Kostas would get some PT this year and take on a role with the incoming recruits and DD as our studs next year.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

To be fair I think Al has a higher ceiling. 

Higher ceiling yes. Wright has the higher floor though. With Archie's development of scrappy guards, Al could end up being a great asset. I just had high hopes we would get Kostas or maybe Tilmon. Waters would be my choice, but I want Garland more and PG spot is okay this year so I am okay with not reaching out.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app