Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

P92

Hire Tom Crean

5 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

That's fine but someone who won't even go meet face to face when he's failed to do his job is a pouting baby. Not to mention the countless years of excuses about why he was a failure at IU and not a single excuse was ever his fault. **** Crean.

How so? Because people keep saying he's coming back? If people wouldn't keep hounding the man he likely would never have said a word about it. That view is 100% on the fans who think he owes them something. I don't blame Knight one bit for how he's acted. Keep asking someone the same question over and over expecting a different result is the definition of insanity.

1. Crean was let go and didn't want an exit interview. That's about the extent of his negativity. Afterward said nothing but good things about IU, the fans, and the program; hoping for an IU title soon!. Even showed up to cheer on the women's team.
  2. As for Knight, the subject has been beaten to death, but showing up at Purdue fundraisers in a gold and black sweater and not for the '76/'81/'87 team reunions, and wishing death on the trustees? And those are just the tip of the iceberg. Good grief.

Just now, Stuhoo said:

He was let go and didn't want an exit interview. Afterward said nothing but good things about IU, the fans, and the program; hoping for an IU title soon!. Even showed up to cheer on the women's team.

As for Knight, the subject has been beaten to death, but showing up at Purdue fundraisers in a gold and black sweater and not for the '76''81/'87 team reunions, and wishing death on the trustees? And those are just the tip of the iceberg. Good grief.

Agree to disagree. :)

Having been on the other end of having to let someone go, I figure Glass was relieved Crean didn't show up for the meeting.  It would've been awkward for both parties.  Glass owed Crean a face to face (he couldn't have fired him by text), but I don't think Crean owed Glass a face to face to be fired.  BTW, when Knight was summoned in for the meeting to be fired, he didn't show up either, but went fishing, and was fired in absentia.

Doesn't bother me that Crean didn't meet with Glass. His agent called him the night before and essentially told him he was gonna be fired. Crean and family were headed to Florida for a vacation that next morning when Glass texted him, asking him to come to the office. Crean took a pass. I don't get the vitriol toward him in this regard. Like him or not, it seems to me that so far, he's handled things in a pretty classy matter. 

13 hours ago, BtownBanner6 said:

I have no problem with Crean not meeting with Glass, he's was all ready to leave to go to Florida and I probably would've just went as well. I don't like that he hasn't spoken with Glass since, and I hope he doesn't shut out Archie, if Archie truly tries to contact him.

I believe Archie mentioned in one of his interviews that he did reach out to Crean (not sure if it was by text or a phone call) after being hired but at that time had not heard back from him.  Anyone else catch that?