Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

P92

Hire Tom Crean

CTC showed a lot of class attending the WNIT game in AH. His post-exit interview had him wishing we win the Championship, him saying he loves living in Indiana and he still loves IU.  I was for his firing because he wasn't getting the winning done, but he was always a great ambassador for the university.  He probably wants to keep coaching, but if not it would be cool if we could find him a place like we did for Bill Mallory after we let him go as coach.  It would be awesome to have a video like at the FB games with former players and CTC saying "I'm a Hoosier!" At any rate, I'd much rather hear him doing TV commentary during our games than Dakich!  Or maybe a sidekick for Don Fischer if the current one gets arrested like Leary, LOL.

While he might be well suited as a cheer leader or motivational speaker, I'm pretty sure he's made it clear that he still wants to coach.  I anticipate that he will excel at a university with lower expectations.  There are plenty of power 5 schools that will accept inconsistent results if it means having some very good seasons mixed in.  If he goes to a mid major he could probably build a long term winning program, but I doubt he settles for that.

We're paying him to not coach here while he's sitting at home or visiting NBA teams. I wouldn't mind him being around the team in a player development coach. He showed signs of being a good player developer. 

I know it won't happen, wish him the best though.

28 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Coach Tom Crean will join @DanDakich @1070thefan on Wednesday at 1:00pm EDT. 1070thefan.com/listen

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

7 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Is this weird to anyone else?

Urban is using Dakich to wiretap Crean to get info from Jimmy Khakis. Or they'll take a couple laps on 465 aboard the excuse bus. Either or.

12 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yes. It's like he finally has the courage to standup up for himself after hiding behind the media for 3 years.

It doesn't really matter, the man takes no accountability for anything.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Agreed. I just find it strange, from his comments to hanging around the program still. Most coaches get out quick after being fired.

1 hour ago, VO5 said:

Is this weird to anyone else?

44 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Agreed. I just find it strange, from his comments to hanging around the program still. Most coaches get out quick after being fired.

I find it a little strange too. Always liked CTC but you feel he would move on. 

On 3/27/2017 at 2:58 PM, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

I am a Sixer fan and word is he will probably be working with us in some capacity. I know he was at our practice a few days ago. He wont be unemployed for too long.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

This would be perfect for him.  With talent, his offensive scheme works. If that's all he has to focus on I think he could do well at the asst. level in the NBA.

25 minutes ago, Travis Scott said:

This would be perfect for him.  With talent, his offensive scheme works. If that's all he has to focus on I think he could do well at the asst. level in the NBA.

I doubt his style (both coaching and personal) would translate at the NBA level.  Tommy would be out of his element.