Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

BTB Wall of Shame Thread

Anyone that wants to claim they know stuff and whiff goes in here. I don't follow other boards, so if there are members or other names out there that need to be added let me know. It needs to be legit and not just because you dislike them. I'll keep the OP updated. 

Dan Dakich - Alford is a done deal

Doug Gottlieb - Alford is a done deal

Justin Albers - Billy Donovan and his wife flew into Monroe County Airport on a Cessna Citation jet today to visit with Indiana brass, per sources. 

@Justin_Albers: Billy Donovan and his wife flew into Monroe County Airport on a Cessna Citation jet today to visit with Indiana brass, per sources. #iubb

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While the internet was circulating frenzied rumors connecting Billy Donovan to Indiana on Friday, the Oklahoma City Thunder coach was indeed conducting meetings inside a practice facility.

Just not the one in Bloomington.

Speaking with reporters on Saturday, Donovan denied internet chatter claiming he flew to Indiana to meet with university officials about the then-open head coaching position.

“Yesterday morning I was here in practice,” Donovan said. “I was not there. I was here in practice. I was actually in a couple meetings, then went to Russell (Westbrook’s) bowling charity last night.”

http://www.hoosiersportsreport.com/2017/03/donovan-praises-iu-says-he-didnt-fly-to-bloomington/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

2 minutes ago, ccgeneral said:

I added Gottlieb "Alford done deal"

What did Dakich say?

From Doyel Article:

How hot is Alford’s IU candidacy? So hot that WFNI's Dan Dakich told me in a text message Saturday — with Alford’s third-seeded Bruins preparing to play No. 6 Cincinnati on Sunday — that “the deal (with) Alford is done.”

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2017/03/19/doyel-steve-alford-noise-deafening-and-kind-dumb/99361610/

7 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

To be fair(or not), he stole that one

Doesn't discredit him since he didn't vet the source.

Albers got his info from a well regarded source as well. However, that source was smart enough to not put his reputation on the line since he didn't know if what he had heard was true.