Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

AZ Hoosier

Archie MIller Press Conference

Like the tweet someone posted yesterday said, we got an Indiana guy. He just isn't from Indiana. We like Indiana guys because they have certain characteristics and I think he has them. I think we're all going to love his no nonsense, outwork everyone, junkyard dog attitude. 

Like the tweet someone posted yesterday said, we got an Indiana guy. He just isn't from Indiana. We like Indiana guys because they have certain characteristics and I think he has them. I think we're all going to love his no nonsense, outwork everyone, junkyard dog attitude. 

Exactly. IU got an Indiana guy because he's gonna recruit the state and understands this job

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Agreed 100%. Felt like this part was him bending to the expectations of the job.

Personally, I didn't get that at all. I think he and his brother have a pretty successful blueprint when it comes to recruiting. Sean locked the west up almost immediately and you've seen him work his way outward. Arizona, outside of guy's like Ayton and a few others, doesn't really produce the amount of high level talent, at least consistently, that the state of Indiana does. I think Archie made it clear that our state was a priority (why wouldn't it be?) but that he's not limiting our program to just Indiana. He's already creating momentum within the state believe it or not. I've spoken to one Fort Wayne assistant coach who's said that there is already a buzz within the coaching community. This is the most excited I've been about an IU coach than I have ever been in my life (30 yrs). I get the feeling that we can take his word for exactly what it is, and that is exciting. I think we are going to look back on this hire in 10 years and have an overwhelming feeling of gratitude. Some don't agree with me but I think IU was in danger of becoming truly irrelevant. Donovan would have been a no brainer but Archie, to me, is our next Branch McCracken/Bob Knight. I truly believe that. Good times ahead folks. I just hope we can all unite behind the guy. Believe it or not, it really does make a huge difference with recruiting when a fanbase of this magnitude is fully supportive of their coach.

Oh wow. I watched a little of Will Wade and it was pretty uncomfortably schlocky. "I want to thank my wife, Lauren. She's my best recruit! (giggles)"
Yeesh

Archie would kick Wade's arse then yell "RECRUIT THIS" as he walks away with double birds in the air, all for just giggling.

CAM nailed his interview with Dakich a few minutes ago and seemed more relaxed than at the presser yesterday. He knows exactly what he wants to do and how he wants this team to play. Texting and calling current players before he even got to Bloomington. He seems like a players' coach and very genuine about it. I'm excited!

49 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

Personally, I didn't get that at all. I think he and his brother have a pretty successful blueprint when it comes to recruiting. Sean locked the west up almost immediately and you've seen him work his way outward. Arizona, outside of guy's like Ayton and a few others, doesn't really produce the amount of high level talent, at least consistently, that the state of Indiana does. I think Archie made it clear that our state was a priority (why wouldn't it be?) but that he's not limiting our program to just Indiana. He's already creating momentum within the state believe it or not. I've spoken to one Fort Wayne assistant coach who's said that there is already a buzz within the coaching community. This is the most excited I've been about an IU coach than I have ever been in my life (30 yrs). I get the feeling that we can take his word for exactly what it is, and that is exciting. I think we are going to look back on this hire in 10 years and have an overwhelming feeling of gratitude. Some don't agree with me but I think IU was in danger of becoming truly irrelevant. Donovan would have been a no brainer but Archie, to me, is our next Branch McCracken/Bob Knight. I truly believe that. Good times ahead folks. I just hope we can all unite behind the guy. Believe it or not, it really does make a huge difference with recruiting when a fanbase of this magnitude is fully supportive of their coach.

I hope you're right! I'm not concerned about Archie at all. Just don't want him limiting himself by the expectations of others. Just let him do his thing!

1 minute ago, Dalton26 said:

I had to stop watching after 3 minutes. To sum it up "LSU really doesnt have a basketball program, and I got a job where I have no pressure. YAY!"

At one point a reporter quoted him as calling LSU a dream job and he responded by saying "I don't know if I ever called it my dream job...." hahaha