Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

I previously posted this in a different thread about McKinley Wright @Ballislife_025

http://www.mnbasketballhub.com/news_article/show/769692?referrer_id=198777

"The 6-foot point guard has been great all season. He’s averaging 22.9 points, 8.1 rebounds and 7.8 assists per game, all while running the show for the only remaining undefeated team in the state. It’s what makes him the 2017 Star Tribune Metro Player of the Year."

Also named as Co-Player of the Year in Minnesota and then this just a moment ago:

The Mr. Basketball Committee is pleased to announce that McKinley Wright of Champlin Park is the winner of the 2017 Mr. Basketball Award.

Hope so.

Yeah he seemed to really wanna play for him and doing that at an even bigger program now would be tough for him to say no. Main reason I am okay with Durham going elsewhere. Wright is a true pg. We have enough 2 guard type. I want this kid or Mark Smith/Tremont Waters and Jordan Tucker/grad guy along with Smith & getting Moore back. Pap said Moore will be hard to get back tho. If he got all that done then I am very convinced he can lead us to a tourney berth and top 5 in B1G.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Forgot I want Kostas more than any of our kids and his kids. I think he was gonna be the kid that got Archie over the top at Dayton. Love the kids potential.

And he's Greek Freak's brother. That alone means he can play ball

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

And he's Greek Freak's brother. That alone means he can play ball

Thannis had barely even played basketball and made the NBA as a cameo for a bit. Their athletic ability alone is enough reason to see the talent.

Kostas, Smith, Moore, Waters/Wright/Smith, Tucker/grad guy

That is 5 spots. I think we end up with 3 or 4 off the bat but adding 1 or 2 more will make someone have to leave that wasnt expected. Id also rather not have a bunch of freshmen this late unless they are those guys. Would only give him 2-4 spots for his first full class.

Thannis had barely even played basketball and made the NBA as a cameo for a bit. Their athletic ability alone is enough reason to see the talent.

Kostas, Smith, Moore, Waters/Wright/Smith, Tucker/grad guy

That is 5 spots. I think we end up with 3 or 4 off the bat but adding 1 or 2 more will make someone have to leave that wasnt expected. Id also rather not have a bunch of freshmen this late unless they are those guys. Would only give him 2-4 spots for his first full class.

I think McKinley Wright is gonna come to IU now. Kostas may transfer to IU. And Justin Smith will still come to IU. Wright and Smith would be great. A PG that IU so desperately needs and a SF that will be a solid basketball player

I think McKinley Wright is gonna come to IU now. Kostas may transfer to IU. And Justin Smith will still come to IU. Wright and Smith would be great. A PG that IU so desperately needs and a SF that will be a solid basketball player

Both guys can learn patiently too. Wright can be a guy that gets 10 MPG and Smith probably 15. Sophomore leaps and could be good pieces to build around. I watched some highlights of Wright and he is underrated. Mark Smith would be a better option but have seen Butler is pulling away for him. Holtmann is getting some dudes. Saw on CB picks they the lead for a high 4 star too. If twitter is right I expect Kostas to be a Hoosier by the end of next week.

Both guys can learn patiently too. Wright can be a guy that gets 10 MPG and Smith probably 15. Sophomore leaps and could be good pieces to build around. I watched some highlights of Wright and he is underrated. Mark Smith would be a better option but have seen Butler is pulling away for him. Holtmann is getting some dudes. Saw on CB picks they the lead for a high 4 star too. If twitter is right I expect Kostas to be a Hoosier by the end of next week.

And possibly McKinley Wright as well

And possibly McKinley Wright as well

I think he is a done deal probably sooner. If Archie wants to bring him I dont think it is a hard sell at all. Dayton fans are gonna hate us. Took their coach, their next big thing and their starting pg for the next 4 years

If Kostas is allowed to be a part of this discussion, let me make this point...

Dayton graduates its 4 best players (Smith, Smith, Pollard, and Cooke....Attorneys at Law?) and basically just returns role players. A new coach is going to have some work to do and Kostas will have to ask himself if he wants to come with Archie, or be a piece to a rebuild at Dayton. I know what I would do, and it involves winning now.

(This is all based on him being eligible starting in January. If he has to sit out another full year, that's a tougher decision.)

I think he is a done deal probably sooner. If Archie wants to bring him I dont think it is a hard sell at all. Dayton fans are gonna hate us. Took their coach, their next big thing and their starting pg for the next 4 years

I would feel really good with him and Devonte Green running the point. And they'll actually play decent minutes

Archie was a PG; he recruited Wright to be his PG at Dayton; he knows he needs a PG at IU.  May not get Wright to switch but I've got to believe he's going to do all that he can to convince the young man to join him in Bloomington.  So let's assume Wright should decide to come to IU, who is the only other player from the State of Minnesota to wear IU candystripes?

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

If Kostas is allowed to be a part of this discussion, let me make this point...

Dayton graduates its 4 best players (Smith, Smith, Pollard, and Cooke....Attorneys at Law?) and basically just returns role players. A new coach is going to have some work to do and Kostas will have to ask himself if he wants to come with Archie, or be a piece to a rebuild at Dayton. I know what I would do, and it involves winning now.

(This is all based on him being eligible starting in January. If he has to sit out another full year, that's a tougher decision.)

I imagine if he does transfer we will get an answer to when he would be eligible. Unless this is something Pap would know?

Archie was a PG; he recruited Wright to be his PG at Dayton; he knows he needs a PG at IU.  May not get Wright to switch but I've got to believe he's going to do all that he can to convince the young man to join him in Bloomington.  So let's assume Wright should decide to come to IU, who is the only other player from the State of Minnesota to wear IU candystripes?

Luke Jimenez,

4 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I imagine if he does transfer we will get an answer to when he would be eligible. Unless this is something Pap would know?

Why wouldn't it be a year like every other transfer?