Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archie Miller  

265 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the hire?

• Good Hire
    • Bad Hire
    • Wait and see/I really just don't know
    • I don't have a logical opinion because I thought Donovan was realistic

You think so? You dint think they care even just a little always seeing UNC, Duke and Kentucky? Alabama, Clemson and Ohio State? Dint think it means anything at all?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

A “little” is different than 50%, 75%, or 90%. At least where I went to school. But your alternative facts are alive and well today so don’t let me get in your way.

Sorry if I missed it. What is your opinion of Justin Smith and how has he proven you anything? 

That he can shoot 3’s and is a wing. That’s what he started this year on with me. But those goalposts keep ever so quietly shifting..... BGleas who worked in the Celtics organization explained to him why he was not a wing and Joe keeps running with it like it was verified. Then when anything like this comes up he jumps back to that to rehash an argument that has been proven wrong and beaten to death many times over. It all started because I said he should work at the mid range level to the rim and Joe wanted him outside as a “wing”. Somehow how this year has played out has verified to Joe he is a wing...

Ah yes I remember that now. Justin is definitely playing better. 

But to say he has proven he can shoot threes and play on the wing is a bit of a stretch. 

Yeah and I wouldn’t care if he shoots the occasional 3 like a Juwan. But to say he is a wing is just wrong.

I love the way we are using him this year and I hope he can keep it up all year. It’s much needed to get us back to the tourney.

A “little” is different than 50%, 75%, or 90%. At least where I went to school. But your alternative facts are alive and well today so don’t let me get in your way.

Well I asking you how many you thought. You just didn’t answer.

That he can shoot 3’s and is a wing. That’s what he started this year on with me. But those goalposts keep ever so quietly shifting..... BGleas who worked in the Celtics organization explained to him why he was not a wing and Joe keeps running with it like it was verified. Then when anything like this comes up he jumps back to that to rehash an argument that has been proven wrong and beaten to death many times over. It all started because I said he should work at the mid range level to the rim and Joe wanted him outside as a “wing”. Somehow how this year has played out has verified to Joe he is a wing...

I never said he could shoot 3’s. I just said he is a wing. And he is. But then again, you for whatever believe that anyone who can’t shoot the 3 isn’t a wing. So I’m confused as to what Andre Roberson and Tony Allen are? No Harkless? A young Al Farouq-Aminu? Lance Stephenson? Is Justin Smith all of a sudden a post player? When did that happen? So we just play 3 post guys? Or 2 post and 3 wings? I have a feeling that things would be even more clogged if Smith were always in the post area instead of on the wing..

Yeah and I wouldn’t care if he shoots the occasional 3 like a Juwan. But to say he is a wing is just wrong.
I love the way we are using him this year and I hope he can keep it up all year. It’s much needed to get us back to the tourney.

He’s being used as a wing. That’s just basic basketball.

I never said he could shoot 3’s. I just said he is a wing. And he is. But then again, you for whatever believe that anyone who can’t shoot the 3 isn’t a wing. So I’m confused as to what Andre Roberson and Tony Allen are? No Harkless? A young Al Farouq-Aminu? Lance Stephenson? Is Justin Smith all of a sudden a post player? When did that happen? So we just play 3 post guys? Or 2 post and 3 wings? I have a feeling that things would be even more clogged if Smith were always in the post area instead of on the wing..

He’s being used as a wing. That’s just basic basketball.

Disagree and for something so basic, someone that worked in a NBA organization disagrees with your assertion. . He also explained why but you never responded to that. Wonder why you are the only enlightened one? Considering it’s basic and all...

Disagree and for something so basic, someone that worked in a NBA organization disagrees with your assertion. . Wonder why you are the only enlightened one. Considering it’s basic...

And when did they work for the Celtics? Were they drafting players? Scouting? Coaching? Justin Smith is a wing. Plain and simple. Not a single coach on the planet would be stupid enough to make him a post player. That would be about as bad a Crean trying to make Jeremy Hollowell into Christian Watford. And Jeremy Hollowell was a wing too by the way.

And when did they work for the Celtics? Were they drafting players? Scouting? Coaching? Justin Smith is a wing. Plain and simple. Not a single coach on the planet would be stupid enough to make him a post player. That would be about as bad a Crean trying to make Jeremy Hollowell into Christian Watford. And Jeremy Hollowell was a wing too by the way.

This basketball thing might not be for you.

2 hours ago, IUc2016 said:

Ah yes I remember that now. Justin is definitely playing better. 

But to say he has proven he can shoot threes and play on the wing is a bit of a stretch. 

To quote Bob Knight : "he can shoot three pointers.  His problem is he can't make three pointers"

Oh...and Justin Smith isn't an NBA player, so does it really matter what he'd be if he were?  A 6'7" guy with no jump shot is a 6'7" guy with no NBA career.   

To quote Bob Knight : "he can shoot three pointers.  His problem is he can't make three pointers"

Oh...and Justin Smith isn't an NBA player, so does it really matter what he'd be if he were?  A 6'7" guy with no jump shot is a 6'7" guy with no NBA career.   

Tell that to Andre Roberson. He’s a 6-7 guy with no jump shot. But he’s a hell of a defender. At least before he got injured.