Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archie Miller  

265 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the hire?

• Good Hire
    • Bad Hire
    • Wait and see/I really just don't know
    • I don't have a logical opinion because I thought Donovan was realistic

16 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

What is wrong with you hahaha you’re literally fighting the most subjective argument of all time. Give it up.

I made a statement people argued with me. If your triggered by ideas you don’t agree with the internet isn’t the place for you. 

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

You are literally counting two people who have played road games against big ten opponents to boost your numbers. So sure if you just make stuff up the number gets quite large. 

Damezi played in 6 of 9 big ten road games last year. 

Brunk has played numerous big ten road and neutral games during his time at Butler. 

Didn't realize Butler was in the BIG10.  It seems that you just want to argue.

Lets go back to your original statement about Archie being so overwhelmed.  Where does that actually come from? Not from the video that you posted the picture from for sure.

While I see your point. I think it’s a poor comparison. 

Lincoln was enduring the toughest presidency of just about any elected president ever. And made a large number of mistakes prolonging the war.  
We are asking Archie to win some basketball games.   
Actually that picture of Lincoln was taken well before his Presidency. He had a full beard at his inauguration. He also maintained it throughout. But, yeah, that look is because of the Civil War(sarcasm)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Archie sycophants used to use false equivalencies with K to defend him. Now they have moved on to Lincoln. Surreal. 

Not sure why it’s so difficult for some to entertain the concept that Archie isn’t the guy. Your hope without basis in evidence isn’t going to make him anymore successful. 

Archie sycophants used to use false equivalencies with K to defend him. Now they have moved on to Lincoln. Surreal. 

Not sure why it’s so difficult for some to entertain the concept that Archie isn’t the guy. Your hope without basis in evidence isn’t going to make him anymore successful. 
First of all, I didn't mention Archie. You are the one that said his expression in that photo was because of the trials of his Presidency. I merely pointed that argument doesn't work, because it wasn't taken during that timeframe

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

I made a statement people argued with me. If your triggered by ideas you don’t agree with the internet isn’t the place for you. 

Lol I'm not "triggered" I'm laughing at how furiously you're arguing a subjective point over a single photo. It's actually insane.

I think I need to step away from here - I spend way too much time reading and responding to **** like this.

13 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Like I said I want Archie to succeed but this guy looks completely overwhelmed 

CB8CB055-397D-40A2-9E68-923252816971.png

I’ve actually felt the opposite. I’ve felt all season he seems more comfortable and confident than he has at IU. Watching him early in the Wisconsin game, I felt that he knew it was getting out of hand early and didn’t call the earlier timeout to see if the guys were tough enough to pull through. It’s early, they didn’t pull the game back, so now he can teach and let the team grow. 

Im still in wait and see mode. I thought Crean left a **** roster and any coach would need 3-4 years, unless we went U.K. style recruiting. I do expect a tournament birth this season. If not, next year should be the hot seat. 

16 minutes ago, Feathery said:

I’ve actually felt the opposite. I’ve felt all season he seems more comfortable and confident than he has at IU. Watching him early in the Wisconsin game, I felt that he knew it was getting out of hand early and didn’t call the earlier timeout to see if the guys were tough enough to pull through. It’s early, they didn’t pull the game back, so now he can teach and let the team grow. 

Im still in wait and see mode. I thought Crean left a **** roster and any coach would need 3-4 years, unless we went U.K. style recruiting. I do expect a tournament birth this season. If not, next year should be the hot seat. 

Agree completely, on both points. In terms of Archie being 'overwhelmed', he doesn't strike me as the type of guy that gets overwhelmed or lacks confidence very easily. I'm sure he knows what he's doing and what needs to be done. How it executes remains to be seen, but he's not 'overwhelmed'. 

32 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Personally?   I think he needs more leaders and more kick-a$$ kids who can pull a team up when a game like Saturday happens.  I don't think that player exists right now, and it manifested into a problem on Saturday.  

Agree with your post, but wanted to specifically mention this last part. I completely agree. Did you see in the Wisconsin game when they came back from a timeout and highlighted Trice basically running Wisconsin's timeout? 

Name me one guy on IU's roster that is capable of that or willing to be that kind of leader? There just isn't anybody, and there certainly isn't anybody in the senior and junior classes or in the class that just graduated that can do that.  

I totally understand you’re opinion that Archie is not the guy. Personally I have faith still and am going to wait what happens the rest of the year and next year. But I am curious who you think we could have REALISTICALLY get that would have taken this program to the tournament with success in year 1/2.

Mack and Holtmann were never coming, didn’t come, and inherited better teams. I’m just generally interested in to see who the people that have the same feelings as you think we could pluck because with the state the program has been in the last 15 years or so we are never pulling an establish coach at an established program. And if we keep calling for someone’s head after 3-4 years our prospects will continue to get worse and worse.

So just curious, who do you REALISTICALLY think we can get whenever we want just because we used to be IU

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app