Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archie Miller  

265 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the hire?

• Good Hire
    • Bad Hire
    • Wait and see/I really just don't know
    • I don't have a logical opinion because I thought Donovan was realistic

Archie Miller is a good coach but there is no evidence yet that he will be a great coach or that he will return IU to its years of regularly competing for a conference championship. This year is critical for both revitalizing the program and recruiting. If IU does not make the NCAA tournament this season it will become increasingly more difficult for Archie to land top talent even top talent that is Indiana home grown. Losing Keion Brooks to Kentucky may be a sign of what will occur more regularly with players like Caleb Furst, Khristian Lander, and Trey Kaufman if this season is as up and down as last season. If IU starts to lose the best players coming out of Indiana, it becomes unlikely that the basketball program will make its way back to competitive consistency under Archie. The Florida State game gives reason to be optimistic about Indiana's future while the Wisconsin game gives reason for pessimism. It is too early to reach any conclusions. By the end of the year, though, we should have a good idea whether Archie is the right guy to do the job.

9 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Like I said I want Archie to succeed but this guy looks completely overwhelmed 

CB8CB055-397D-40A2-9E68-923252816971.png

You must have watched a different video then I did.  I saw a coach who seemed very confident and not overwhelmed at all.......frustrated with the outcome of a game that they played like crap in -- yes, but not overwhelmed.  It was many of the players first B10 road game (actually first road game of any kind for a few of the key players) --- before we all go crazy and jump off the cliff (not saying you are doing that) let's let more of the season play out.

1 minute ago, psychobat3 said:

You must have watched a different video then I did.  I saw a coach who seemed very confident and not overwhelmed at all.......frustrated with the outcome of a game that they played like crap in -- yes, but not overwhelmed.  It was many of the players first B10 road game (actually first road game of any kind for a few of the key players) --- before we all go crazy and jump off the cliff (not saying you are doing that) let's let more of the season play out.

You are defining 3 as many to fit your narrative. Not to mention whose fault is it that this is there first road game.....

6 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Image result for lincoln sadimage.jpegImage result for bobby knight sadimage.jpeg

While I see your point. I think it’s a poor comparison. 

Lincoln was enduring the toughest presidency of just about any elected president ever. And made a large number of mistakes prolonging the war.  

We are asking Archie to win some basketball games.   

20 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

You are defining 3 as many to fit your narrative. Not to mention whose fault is it that this is there first road game.....

Let's see, you have TJD, Arman, Brunk, Jerome Hunter, one could even throw Damezi in there and be within reason.  So, you seem to be downplaying the numbers to fit your narrative.  Doesn't matter who's fault it is, it just a fact that it was the first road game.

5 minutes ago, psychobat3 said:

Let's see, you have TJD, Arman, Brunk, Jerome Hunter, one could even throw Damezi in there and be within reason.  So, you seem to be downplaying the numbers to fit your narrative.  Doesn't matter who's fault it is, it just a fact that it was the first road game.

You are literally counting two people who have played road games against big ten opponents to boost your numbers. So sure if you just make stuff up the number gets quite large. 

Damezi played in 6 of 9 big ten road games last year. 

Brunk has played numerous big ten road and neutral games during his time at Butler. 

I don't believe any (maybe a small minority) have believed at any point in this young season that we were going to win the BT or go to S16.  I think we just saw a team that seemed on the right track and was capable of playing with anyone.  Then we play on the road against a team that has not been overly impressive and we felt a level of optimism, only to see blowout loss.  After enduring multiple disappointing seasons, those wounds aren't healed and forgotten so it hit many of us hard.

We know road wins in the BT don't come easy.  We know the Kohl center is a difficult place for visiting teams (for several reasons).  We now know (and the staff and team should have already known) that playing your first true road game in December against a conference opponent was at best a risky proposition.

One thing I know from watching for decades is that a team that can't win on the road, isn't a good team.  Minnesota used to be world beaters at home but patsies on the road.  Obviously, staying at home exclusively won't do anything to prepare a team for life on the road.

Where we go from here is a mystery at this point.  I certainly have no answers or predictions other than thus far we look to be a pretty good team at SSAH.

39 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Lol, it wasn’t like she was naked? How was my picture any more problematic or off topic than other pics?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

This is a sad, self-pitying thread.

The picture you posted was far too ecstatic.

While I see your point. I think it’s a poor comparison. 

Lincoln was enduring the toughest presidency of just about any elected president ever. And made a large number of mistakes prolonging the war.  
We are asking Archie to win some basketball games.   

What is wrong with you hahaha you’re literally fighting the most subjective argument of all time. Give it up.

16 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

And so it’s happened once this year and you’re throwing the book? I don’t care what happened in prior seasons. This is a completely different team than last year or the year before.

Not comparing the teams comparing the coach. His track record doesn’t reset after each season.