Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archie Miller  

265 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the hire?

• Good Hire
    • Bad Hire
    • Wait and see/I really just don't know
    • I don't have a logical opinion because I thought Donovan was realistic

Very good hire. Im in the Dayton market and have watched quite a bit. Very good in game coach and I think he will draw recruits. Best available minus Stevens and Donovan.

I agree I think Archie is a very good hire even today. I also think Holtmann would of been a good hire as well

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Still say archie is a going to be good.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

When? I’m not saying he won’t, but that was a thoroughly discouraging loss. I’ve known that his system would take longer to build. I’ve known that he has wasn’t exactly left with a full cupboard. I was willing to look past some of the embarrassing losses, hoping he was building something.

He is supposed to be building a team that can play anyone, anytime. Wasn’t that what he said? Year three, first road game and that is the product he puts out on the floor? That should be embarrassing to all involved. Wisconsin is a team that isn’t very good offensively but our D made them look awesome. But at least we can be assured that if it happens say 11 or 12 more times, changes will be made.

I guess I’m starting to lose faith.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

11 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

I sure hope some of you don't have jobs where a bad day or a bad result doesn't result in your being judged the way some of you are judging.

Yesterday was bad.  But....that's all.  Yesterday was bad.  Even the effort was bad.  I get it.  That doesn't affect one thing moving forward.  Why are you hitting the panic button?   Same reason many of the same people hit the panic button after the Michigan State football game???   It's like people forgot we beat a ranked team on Wednesday night and have another game in 48 hours.  

I'm a big picture guy.  I don't focus on the results of one event and let it affect my opinion too much.  Right now?  Indiana doesn't have a true point guard or anyone who facilitates the offense.   Green and Durham are both scorers first.  Franklin's a 2 guard who can bring the ball up.  Far different than a point guard.    Wisconsin made shots they haven't been making early.  Indiana missed shots early.  You guys who have played sports know how hard it is to stop a run on the road when a team gets hot.    Plus, Phinisee is our best on ball defender, and because he wasn't out there, Wisconsin was able to get into their sets in large part because they're patient and well coached.  

Those of you focused on Wisconsin's 4-4 record?   Marquette beat Purdue by 10.  Wisconsin beat Purdue by 16.  And if your argument is "one game doesn't matter!" I'd say..."right."  The season will play out how the season plays out.  I'm here to tell you the kids coming next year are good.  Very good.  We have a deep and talented team now, even if the roster isn't perfect; and yesterday - while awful - was no more indicative of who Indiana is than the Marquette game was a year ago.  

Brad Stevens wasn't available.  Billy Donovan wasn't available.  We can sit here and name drop all we want; and we can whine about who wanted who.  At the end of the day, Indiana is on a good path, and I guarantee there will be a day - probably soon - where all of the nay sayers who want him gone or think he was a bad hire are hushed.   Indiana beat Michigan State twice a year ago.  All MSU did was go to the Final Four.  Indiana won a game against an experienced, big, ranked team this week.  Before you panic, why not let a few more games pan out....give it a legitimate reason instead of an emotional reaction to a result?  It WILL play out one way or another.  I'm not saying it's all good and I'm not saying anybody's wrong.  I'm just saying I don't believe the results of one game are worth the absolute lack of reason I see here.   Are some really that deep into "I need it NOW and I need every game...every play to satisfy that need!" ?  

I don’t get judged by one bad day. But I sure as hell would have been shown the door if for 2 years I was making the same mistakes and my employees continued to see uninterested and lazy. 

19 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Burn it down? emoji91.png emoji91.png

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Admitting you made a mistake and moving on rarely results in disaster in my opinion unless you compound it by more mistakes 

And to be clear. I want Archie to succeed. Same way I wanted Crean to succeed. I just don’t think he will. 

27 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I don’t get judged by one bad day. But I sure as hell would have been shown the door if for 2 years I was making the same mistakes and my employees continued to see uninterested and lazy. 

If it becomes a pattern in year 3, and if the results don't change, I get your point.  I don't given Indiana is 8-1 and has plenty of opportunity to show that's not who they are.  If it doesn't happen?  You'll get your wish sooner than later; but I'm not sure the coaching carousel is the way to go at this point.

6 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

If it becomes a pattern in year 3, and if the results don't change, I get your point.  I don't given Indiana is 8-1 and has plenty of opportunity to show that's not who they are.  If it doesn't happen?  You'll get your wish sooner than later; but I'm not sure the coaching carousel is the way to go at this point.

Maybe not the place for it but does Brunk concern you yet? I can’t imagine Reuvers stacking up in the upper half of bigs in the BIG and he embarrassed Brunk. Bad game or a sign of things to come? Only going to get tougher outside a few teams as conference play ramps up. Honestly asking your thoughts

Edit: mods feel free to move - I finally read the forum guidelines and this breaks a thread derailment rule so if this becomes a warning - Id accept that and pay the consequences I guess

2 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

Maybe not the place for it but does Brunk concern you yet? I can’t imagine Reuvers stacking up in the upper half of bigs in the BIG and he embarrassed Brunk. Bad game or a sign of things to come? Only going to get tougher outside a few teams as conference play ramps up. Honestly asking your thoughts

Brunk should not have been put in that position in the first place. Plain and simple. Terrible matchup