Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

Just now, JSHoosier said:

To be fair, there are also a lot of examples of coaches saying something like that and staying put.

Here's another example:

"Memphis is where I want to be"- John Calipari about a week before slithering to pUKe

Very true. But I look at  the thunder situation and I don't think he ever finishes that contract. He will be scapegoated I feel. Why wouldn't he leave that. 

2017 - another middle of the pack year 

2018 - rebuilding year with no Westbrook 

offseason we have decided to go in a new direction with our coaching staff 

2 minutes ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

I'm more caught up on the fact that it makes no sense to leave a $6MM salary and coaching the NBA's MVP for a playoff team... Also, all of the rumors swirling around are pretty much exculsively coming from message board posters who heard something from their brother's, girlfriend's, ex mother in law. 

Because it's a middle of the pack playoff team with no hope of winning and not going to get better and they will lose that MVP probably at the trade deadline. 

1 hour ago, Treesh said:

I WANT CREAN BACK!

I will never in my life utter these words, anything new is better than what he had,  Hope is better than no hope at all even if the hope turns out to be wrong!  

If the hope is wrong then a change is made and hope is restored and the process continues.  There was no hope any longer for Crean.  Zero!

4 minutes ago, CrossboneIU22 said:

Preface: If we hire Alford.

Conversely, I hope that given the solid 3 years (or 4-5) and things seem similar or worse to Crean, we do not keep him around for 9 years as we did Crean.  I'll give him 3-4 years before being too critical on the season outcome but by then we all should be able to tell where this is headed and if isn't headed in a good direction, then we need to cut ties and try again.  If its going good, then great, keep it going.

True. No one likely believes we'll have the pieces to make a run at a FF next year, but the roster will be infinitely better than what FCTC had in his first season.  Again 'IF' he is named, we should know within a season or two what kind of play to expect and whether or not he can recruit here.

6 minutes ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

I'm more caught up on the fact that it makes no sense to leave a $6MM salary and coaching the NBA's MVP for a playoff team... Also, all of the rumors swirling around are pretty much exculsively coming from message board posters who heard something from their brother's, girlfriend's, ex mother in law. 

This is my main reason for skepticism too. Money always talks but I don't know how you can beat that honestly without setting a whole new coaching market.

14 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Why are people so caught up in ties to the program. He didn't have any ties to the thunder when he went there. They had a good opportunity

"we gotta get an IU guy" .... it's our only hope!  (dripping in sarcasm)

7 minutes ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

A playoff team that is worse than last years and couldn't even get to the WCF.

That's the part that scares me too!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

This is my main reason for skepticism too. Money always talks but I don't know how you can beat that honestly without setting a whole new coaching market.

Even if we matched that he would only be the 4th highest paid coach. Nothing unprecedented about it. 

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Because it's a middle of the pack playoff team with no hope of winning and not going to get better and they will lose that MVP probably at the trade deadline. 

As a very casual follower of the NBA, he may also realize that unless you really stink and get double-lucky on a top 3 draft pick or are in a town that is a 'destination city', you have very little chance of winning a title.  The top players hold all the cards and love to chase championships, small market teams may get a taste of success but are generally destined to play for something other than all the marbles.

[The above is my opinion/view of the NBA and I may be wrong, but is OKC a place where the superstars are going to want to band together and play for rings?]

2 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

College Sports just said the job is going to Scott Drew, and announced as soon as Baylor loses.  I am convinced nobody knows anything.

Well that certainly came out of left field, LOL.  The only shred of credibility I'd give that is the thought that the choice often seems to come out of nowhere.

That said, speculation, conjecture, guessing, clickbaiting, etc. is most of what we're seeing.  Nothing wrong with following insider info and holding hope (as my avatar proves) but no one should feel any kind of certainty until FG introduces his guy.

7 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

College Sports just said the job is going to Scott Drew, and announced as soon as Baylor loses.  I am convinced nobody knows anything.

Ha! That's a good one. That guy has too many skeletons in his closet. No way we try another of those.