Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

We'll be discussing Indiana's hiring of Archie Miller on @BigTenNetwork tonight with @BTNDaveRevsine after NCAA Tourney games.
@jeffrabjohns

In case anyone is interested

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I thought both DeCourcy's and Rabjohns' perspectives were spotted on.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

Thanks man interesting to see. I am slowing getting optimistic for Archie. 

I think that there are some reasons to be positive. Having Knight pretty much ruined our fan base. He is the greatest college coach ever, and because of his character flaws there was never a shot at a smooth transition. Now many of us are left with expectations that no one could meet. If Miller can hold kids accountable for their mistakes on the floor, instill a tough defense and emphasize decision making on offense he will do fine. He is not what glass advertised, but he deserves a fair chance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BtownBanners mobile app

4 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Just looked up something I love. People say millers offense looks Creanesque. Well sorta plays at an even faster tempo yet has significantly fewer turnovers. That's very important. 

Yes because Archie actually gets on his players for boneheaded mistakes. That goes a long way

Everyone is so concerned with Miller being able to recruit the elite players. That is not what its about here at Indiana it is about recruiting the right players that fit Indiana. Miller first has to create a culture and then recruit the right players that fit that culture for the program to take flight and the fans to back it. I think it is really very simple at Indiana to gain the fans support. All you have to do is build your program around one simple word (DEFENSE) and don't ever shy away from it and never take it any BS from anyone, that is the HOOSIER way and we embrace it to the fullest. 

On recruiting we want the 4 year guy the 3 star guy who will blossom in the system. We don't need to be Kentucky to win a title that has already been proven here. For every "elite" player you need to have 3 other players that are the heart and sole of the program. Once upon a time we had a coach that understood that and has now been missing for 20 years and in a nut shell that is the problem Indiana has to resolve. Will Coach Miller take that approach? Will he get the best in state talent? How many players from Indiana did he have on his Dayton roster in the last six years? 

I want IU to be great again and I want Coach Archie Miller to be the guy that gets it done, but if he falls into that trap the national media wants him to be in. I will be his loudest critic. Do it the IU way the only way. GO HOOSIERS!

3 minutes ago, hsrtxp said:

Did I read that right? Calipari and Miller are cousins????

Is it just me or did anyone just throw up a little?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I didn't know that either. Calipari's slimy but he knows basketball. Having two top college coaches in his own family that he can turn to is great imo. 

Found this video of him breaking down a few of his transition offenses. OFF BALL SCREENS AND MOVEMENT YALL!! 

Our transition offense under Crean was pretty good, that's what won us games. However, we were limited by it because of our terrible defense and decision making.

With Archie as our coach, we should continue to thrive in transition offense even more.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Our transition offense under Crean was pretty good, that's what won us games. However, we were limited by it because of our terrible defense and decision making.

With Archie as our coach, we should continue to thrive in transition offense even more.

Yeah that was definitely one of Crean's strengths.  I'm encouraged about ol' Archie, after researching him more. 

Yeah that was definitely one of Crean's strengths.  I'm encouraged about ol' Archie, after researching him more. 

He knows basketball for sure. I'm not sure about his in game decision making or his timeout play calling, haven't watched him enough.

I'm a little worried about his offense and his recruiting right now but perhaps that opens up with him being at Indiana now. He needs to get some momentum going this summer.