Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

I saw where our new coach is on twitter asking people to send tweets as he is heading back to Dayton right now. He thanked this site for the "new shirts". I don't have twitter, but if you do or know someone who does, please tell him not to show the shirt at his presser ala "Crean and Crimson"... 

I saw where our new coach is on twitter asking people to send tweets as he is heading back to Dayton right now. He thanked this site for the "new shirts". I don't have twitter, but if you do or know someone who does, please tell him not to show the shirt at his presser ala "Crean and Crimson"... 

I don't think that's really Archie
6e469ba449986fe763051cca1b0b5f64.jpg
8d5ddb0003a98669a129611f340a3062.jpg

16 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

I still haven't gone back to look, but I'm shocked that people are panicking.  If Miller doesn't win immediately, but the team looks like it's doing good things and he's recruiting well; AND if they're better in February than they are in November; everything will be fine.  Good gravy....we just watched mediocrity at its finest for the last 9 seasons.  This is an energetic young kid who was a point guard.  That's a HUGE plus for me.  He's won his conference in back to back seasons and has single digit losses the last 3.   Why does anyone think this is a dumpster fire other than Indiana didn't "get" the big name some claim we need?   

Is it a plus for you or is it a double check plus? 

All of these expectations of NCAA tournament success in ____  years amuse me.   Let's focus on being in the conversation for conference titles consistently.  That happens, national results will be there.  I know we want to hang banners; but tournament success can be very arbitrary (raise your hand if you had Gonzaga and Oregon in your final four.  I rest my case)
I'd love to see simplified expectations and focus on consistency rather than a single accomplishment that's based on far more than whether or not a guy's a good coach.  Just be there.  Results will come.

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes.

This is my Mantra too.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

All of these expectations of NCAA tournament success in ____  years amuse me.   Let's focus on being in the conversation for conference titles consistently.  That happens, national results will be there.  I know we want to hang banners; but tournament success can be very arbitrary (raise your hand if you had Gonzaga and Oregon in your final four.  I rest my case)
I'd love to see simplified expectations and focus on consistency rather than a single accomplishment that's based on far more than whether or not a guy's a good coach.  Just be there.  Results will come.

http://games.espn.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/2017/en/entry?entryID=14142533
Raises hand
I agree with everything you said. The tournament is just to unpredictable. A lot of luck involved. Gonzaga made a final 4 playing a 16,8,4, and 11 and can make the championship game by playing a 7 or 4.

1 hour ago, Hoosier82 said:

http://www.mydaytondailynews.com/sports/tom-archdeacon-behind-the-scenes-archie-miller-road-indiana/FVTuIsT8BNtcjAK7imjpUM/

This is a good article concerning the hiring of Archie. It kind of makes the flight aware stuff look silly. He met with IU officials in Atlanta and San Jose.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

love it

2 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

http://games.espn.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/2017/en/entry?entryID=14142533
Raises hand
I agree with everything you said. The tournament is just to unpredictable. A lot of luck involved. Gonzaga made a final 4 playing a 16,8,4, and 11 and can make the championship game by playing a 7 or 4.

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep.  All it will take is the eyeball test.  If people think "winning" or not is all there is to it, they're out of their minds.

Wait...winning isn't the ultimate? No wonder we wound up here.

Like others have said I hope that he sticks to a system and recruits players that fit into it. The days of IU handing out scholarships like candy at a 4th of July parade need to be over. An offer from IU needs to mean something again. Too often over the past few years we've heard about kids getting offers after looking good in a workout or a game or two. Elite programs don't do that. 

That's not Archie.

34 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

I don't know if awkward is the word I would use. He seems pretty straightforward to me. Hopefully we find out quick how he recruits. Took his brother two years at Zona. Archie being on the US under 19 squad should help him with connections.

Archie was an assistant to Sean who was the head coach of that U19 team. Calipari took over earlier in the year so I'm not sure he will still be an assistant coach.

2 hours ago, Hoosier82 said:

http://www.mydaytondailynews.com/sports/tom-archdeacon-behind-the-scenes-archie-miller-road-indiana/FVTuIsT8BNtcjAK7imjpUM/

This is a good article concerning the hiring of Archie. It kind of makes the flight aware stuff look silly. He met with IU officials in Atlanta and San Jose.

He had 6 scholarship players total one year, and still got 24 wins and won a couple tournament games? That's mightily impressive.

Please use your brain and reading comprehension skills if you have them.    This post is incredibly idiotic and misses the point completely.   

Wow...name calling and condescending. Same ol' gocolts, huh?