Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

1. You forgot several other mid majors that have done well. San Diego State has been far better than Dayton. Northern Iowa recently had a give year stretch where they had tourney success. And there are others.

2. Why can we throw the Zags off of the list? Because they are too good and Dayton doesn't measure up? That makes no sense.

3. I agree, when you throw out every mid major that has been better than Archie, he is them the best! Although you did miss a few that have better records than him. Also, Butler had a better record in the Horizon League under Todd Lickliter than Dayton has under Archie. He has a similar record to people you would never consider hiring at IU. Would you have hired Ben Jacobsen from Northern Iowa after his 7th season there? Probably not. Butler and Xavier moved up, WSU is too good. What's next? Florida Gulf Coast has better weather?

5. There are more schools to complete with in WSU's area than you named and I think yippy realize it. Iowa, Iowa St., Oklahoma/st. Etc.

In addition look at the results of people like Archie once they make it to a major conference (where it apparently isn't as tough to win). How is Smart working out for Texas? How was Lickliter at Iowa?

The point is that Archie is a gamble. Can he succeed? Absolutely, but there is no metric where he looks great... even compared to Tom Crean. I will put together a comparison of mid majors later and post it. Maybe I am way off. That's the beauty of measurables, they are unaffected by my emotions.

We are ok the same side. Those of you excited about Archie are lifting my spirits. However, when people try to whitewash his resume to make look like something it isn't, that doesn't help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BtownBanners mobile app

The Zags have been a power for awhile. We all know that man. Northern Iowa has had a cpl years but not like Dayton with Archie. Butler was good in the horizon but not as good as they are now. SDSU is showing that it is very hard to be consistent in being a good mid major. They have had success yes but they only help Archie's case in him being able to only get better. Being 38 was huge for me too. I dont want another coaching search unless it is Archie taking the Lakers job lol. We should all want that. If we want him to fail do we really want 4 coaches in 20 years? We need stability more than anything. There are risk with him and it is fine to question the job he has done or can do but to compare what a guy with resources like Crean has had compared to Archie at Dayton annoys the crap out of me. Lets compare Archies IU career to Crean when it gets a few years down the road and then I will take a hard look. Till then welcome the guy and hope for the best. I know I will.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

For me personally it wasn't the gossip stuff at all. If anything the gossip stuff was way stronger for alford than Donovan.

For me it was Fred Glass' presser in its totality. He set the stage and made some huge claims I didn't think he could back away from. The gossip stuff filled the day to day but it's not what set my expectations.

It was the presser, 100%.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yea, the presser had me worked up. But if BD and BS were never an option........then we did fine.

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

For me personally it wasn't the gossip stuff at all. If anything the gossip stuff was way stronger for alford than Donovan.

For me it was Fred Glass' presser in its totality. He set the stage and made some huge claims I didn't think he could back away from. The gossip stuff filled the day to day but it's not what set my expectations.

It was the presser, 100%.

Glass promised us somebody who was proven. That's exactly my point. 

Miller has never built a team top 25 in both offense and defense. 

Bennett has built multiple. Could we really not lure him?  Really?? 

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Bennett wasnt a fit IMO. And I dont think he moves on to a top job. People in AH would have screamed at the top of their lungs at 45 point games.

It's a sign!  There is a great pic on #iubb  twitter from today showing a rainbow over and ending on top of The Hall. Archie has now been endorsed by God and that is good enough for me! A new era of IU basketball greatness has began!

Glad your on board rebel we need your eternal optimism that carried us through alot of the crean dark ages

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

According to this guy from ESPN analytics , the Greek Frank's little brother may follow Miller to IU and elgible for the 2nd semester. Kostas was a 4 star a couple years ago.
https://twitter.com/neilmjohnson https://twitter.com/neilmjohnson/status/845780573322924032

What exactly did this link say? I believe it was deleted.

11 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Glass made it seem like he was going to hire Jesus, he was confident.

Glass was showing casing a grand slam on the World Series and we ended up with a double up center field.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Too many people here are acting like those spoiled little s***s on that my super sweet 16 show who got a car for their birthday and threw a fit that it wasn't a pink corvette. Still a huge upgrade.

Here's the thing, everyone assumes coaches just want to come here. Thats not the case. Just because a job opens doesn't mean a coach is just gonna up and leave what they have built and are working on. How do we even know that Indiana even contacted him or any other of the what seems like a million coaches?

1 hour ago, lviucpa said:

According to this guy from ESPN analytics , the Greek Frank's little brother may follow Miller to IU and elgible for the 2nd semester. Kostas was a 4 star a couple years ago.

https://twitter.com/neilmjohnson https://twitter.com/neilmjohnson/status/845780573322924032

deleted... ANyone get a screenshot