Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

I know very little in fact but, I did have opportunity to watch two Dayton games this season. Offensively I saw a team that scores in transition. Pushes the ball up the court very quickly. Half-court was a bit of a motion offense with multiple screens. Mostly geared around the break however. Was very similar to Crean. Another offense that will lose to Wisconsin. Sorry, just my opinion.

Defensively they were great. Very aggressive high IQ team. I heard someone on here say they ran a 2-1-2? Not what I saw. They picked up a half court man for every second I watched. Tournament game I saw on tv was half court man all the way too.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2-1-2 is the offense he runs. It is a motion style offense that is based on screens and cutting players. You need shooters, and a smart PG/big. His "Carolina Transition" is where you could say he is similar to Crean. But those are easy baskets. He essentially runs a motion.

1. Stevens
2. Donovan
3. Sean Miller
4. Few
5. Bennett
5. Alford
6. Marshall
7. Probably Archie 7. But I don't think he is necessarily, without a doubt, currently better than Collins, White, Huggins, Martin, and a host of others.

His age and family ties give hope. His results are pretty good. He's on the list. Of the "realistic"-whatever that means- list he is 2-4 for me. I like his youth a lot.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I think you can plug Archie in the same spot as his brother. Nearly identical numbers and accomplishments at same point in career.

My List: (what I thought realistic)
1.) Donovan
2.) Bennett
3.) A. Miller
4.) Collins

Donovan for obvious reasons. Bennett bc I'm desperate for consistency and some semblance of a defense. Miller and Collins bc I think these two are head and shoulders above every other young coach in the nation. I believe they are the next line of legendary coaches. Glad we got one of them.

Oh, yeah. That makes more sense. Thanks.

It is essentially a motion offense when the transition isn't there. I think we will be better against Wisconsin than under Crean. Gard is now their coach and Crean isn't here. It's a good day.

BD was my number 1, but I'm really happy with Archie. The more this sinks in, the more I dig into it, the better I like it. I think he's going to get us there. 
Funny, my first reaction was relief, "Thank God it wasn't Steve Alford."
The Big Ten is ripe for the taking. Welcome to Bloomington, Archie! Can't wait to see what you do with the keys to this Ferrari.

Well said bro

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BtownBanners mobile app

So on page 1 or 2 of the "Who we going to hire" thread you had a Miller in your top 5. Was that Sean?

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

Miller has been up and down on my coaching board the past month.

I sold myself into Billy and I left disappointed. Archie will be a good coach here, just not sold on his ability to get us our 6th banner.

I sold myself into Billy and I left disappointed. Archie will be a good coach here, just not sold on his ability to get us our 6th banner.

This pretty much sums it up. We need to think about getting to the top of the B1G consistently first.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I felt the same. Four beers and a little crying I'm ready to kick some @$$. Go Archie!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BtownBanners mobile app

OK thanks for the clarification.

What about apologies from every other person that had Donavon "sources"

I am not coming down on Justin for saying it was going to be Donovan. I am coming down on Albers for starting the **** storm that Donovan was IN Bloomington and then when it was shown he was wrong he compounded the problem by going in deeper and going off on people for questioning what he said. A lot of reporters got the coach wrong but Justin went beyond that with reporting facts of Donovan being physically in Bloomington. I will quickly apologize if he can provide proof for his reporting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't really fully consider him. Saw his name thrown around by some of you guys of course, but never gave it a thought. I think his success will be linked to his ability to recruit and the quality of his staff. I think he is a great hire for us. I didn't know him but seeing how excited most of you are, makes me excited. National media says he's the best coach under 40. I'm in. Let's blow up the conference!