Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

15 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I don't know how some of you can't be stoked. Only Stevens or Donovan would've been better hires

I agree. I believe that if the Donovan name was never even in existence to happening and Archie was announced, everyone would be like "YES!!!"...now it seems like a letdown to people just because we got our hopes up about Donovan. The way we need to truly look at it is this: Crean is the coach we fired, so is Archie an upgrade to Crean? IMO, I give a resounding YES.

11 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

No we don't. Marshall was never gonna leave Wichita State. He's like Mark Few at Gonzaga. This was the best hire outside of Stevens or Donovan. And those guys are in the NBA

That is subjective at best. There are many, many College coaches that have accomplished much more then Archie. Were they available/interested? No idea, but declaring him the best college coach available just isn't accurate.

Having said that, I do hope he succeeds spectacularly. I'm not excited- but hey it's not Alford, so that's a win.

I truly believe once you get past the NBA guys this is who we needed out of college basketball. I know some will say Bennett and I can completely respect that but this is a guy under 40 who has been to an elite 8 and shows nothing but Elite level potential. I know he might flame out but I just can't see it.

I'll support coach Miller but this confirms our place among "everyone else" in college basketball. Blue bloods don't make hires like this. Kentucky, duke, UNC would not take a chance on someone like this. I hope he succeeds and succeeds at a high level but this is a bit deflating

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

16 minutes ago, cljones1979 said:

i think glass tried, it was a long shot to get donovan to come or bennett to leave uva. i would have rather had marshall but glass prob didnt like his attitude and the wife thing didnt help. im not excited but im not upset either. complaining isnt going to change it. better than crean and glad it wasnt alford

I heard an interview with one of Marshall's previous AD's who said Marshall's mindset was the AD worked for him, not the other way around. No coach should think they are the AD's boss.

Let me get this straight...
Gregg Marshall:  Booo, mid major
Archie Miller:  Yayyy, mid major

Makes perfect sense.

Archie is under 40 years old and universally regarded as a budding superstar amongst his peers. Honestly ask yourself this question: Who has a higher ceiling in regards to recruiting? Gregg Marshall or Archie Miller.?

Give him the highest recruiting budget in the conference and I think he does A LOT more with it than Crean did. I think he'll recruit the state well and I think a lot of instate kids in these next couple classes that didn't have much interest in us will be changing their mind now. I'm not going as far as saying he's going to "lock up the state" because I don't really think that's possible these days, but I think we'll be very pleased with what he does on the recruiting front.