Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

Archie was my favorite choice before the Donovan rumors started. I really like him to be a long term guy that get it done. I'll be happy either way

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Same here. He was at the top for me after Donovan. I really think he'll do well at Indiana in a couple years.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

The search shouldn't have gotten past Stevens, Donovan, Archie or Bennett. If it's true with Archie, he got the best college coach available. Good job

Bennett would be the best college coach available.

The Donovan effect. I'm pretty sure Archie was pretty high on many people's list until we started hearing Donovan might actually be plausible, now all of a sudden everyone hates Archie?

Is he a big name with an amazing track record, no. But he is young has shown some success and knowledge of the game. He has had teams where he's had to adapt and change his play, something we never saw in 9 years. I think he has the potential to do great things. Is he risky, most likely given that he's still at Dayton and doesn't have a resume at big time programs, but we've seen a lot of mid major coaches with similar resumes do great things. Yes we've seen them not do so well either. I have to believe Donovan was contacted and we have it our best try, and if we end up with Archie then he just didn't want to leave the NBA. I'll support Archie, and think he could be great given the better resources, better brand name, more financial resources for staff and recruiting budget. I'd rather have someone like Archie that has shown potential over a short time versus an Alford who has a 20 year resume of mediocre.

Believe me, I wanted Donovan. Well Stevens or Donovan. But Archie Miller was 3rd for me. So that obviously means he was the best college coach available. Archie is better than Bennett, Collins, Mack and Marshall. IU got the 3rd best choice on their list and the best choice in terms of getting someone that was already coaching college basketball